News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

The Tyranny of Distance

Started by MarcusA, May 05, 2023, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on May 12, 2023, 01:32:27 PMTeach, me, your, so, gud, wayz, dr., smarty, puh, leaz,
How could a self-respecting The Asmo refuse?!

I used the kill not pardon example. Written thusly, "Kill, not pardon" it is a death sentence. On the other hand, "kill not, pardon" is not. Written with no punctuation at all, it is ambiguous.

The sentence I misunderstood was, "Man simply is, stupid." The inference here is; "Man simply is [and you are] stupid." If talking about the man being stupid, I'd word it thusly; "man simply is stupid."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Well then, should I question Mark? We need to loosen up.This period of time should not be like the past, tense.

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

Do you mean, are you physically capable? Or, are you asking for permission?

MarcusA

This game is limited, just admit it, No one, you are probably self-educated like me.

No one

MarcusA

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 02:55:13 PMCan I play? This game!

You know, I think this is actually a legitimate way of putting something in writing, but it is two thoughts rather than one;

1. May I take part?
2. Wow! What a game! (for good or ill)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

What the hell, did this thread have anything to discuss because I'm lost? That's right, "militant shitbags". Well, they'd just see themselves as hardcore.