News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Is life worth living?

Started by MarcusA, May 04, 2023, 09:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Life is simply not worth living with religion around.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Old Seer

so, you're standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon. You lose your footing and over you go. You try to clutch and grab anything you can to keep from going all the way over. You catch onto a rock protruding and pull your self over the top. If life weren't worth living you wouldn't try to save yourself, but being that you did---life is/was worth living. To save yourself came naturally. Look to nature to answer certain personal questioned. You were made by nature were you not, then that's life.   
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Quote from: Old Seer on May 11, 2023, 02:29:36 AMso, you're standing on the edge of the Grand Canyon. You lose your footing and over you go. You try to clutch and grab anything you can to keep from going all the way over. You catch onto a rock protruding and pull your self over the top. If life weren't worth living you wouldn't try to save yourself, but being that you did---life is/was worth living. To save yourself came naturally. Look to nature to answer certain personal questioned. You were made by nature were you not, then that's life.   

Man is about as natural as plastic.

No one

The instinct to survive, and the will to continue living, are not quite the same.

billy rubin

back in my earliest nihilist days, i used to consider the best ways to die. i concluded that falling from a great height was best. as death was the last thing one would experience, a long fall would give one the opportunity to enjoy it to the fullest without any awkward suffering at the end.

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: No one on May 11, 2023, 09:15:51 AMThe instinct to survive, and the will to continue living, are not quite the same.

I'd say so.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Is life worth a damn? Damn right.