News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

A Current Fact

Started by MarcusA, May 03, 2023, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Currently, I am not interested in anything on the news.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

Not even that big thing?

MarcusA

Quote from: No one on May 03, 2023, 11:29:28 PMNot even that big thing?

Oh, Sport. Well, there is the football.

Asmodean

I do follow financial news in an attempt to keep my stocks portfolio healthy and some news from the Ukraine war. Still, in the mainstream, there is just. So. Much. Garbage! Anything beyond your "evening facts" is likely to be some talking head or another pushing a narrative rather than a neutral picture of the standing facts.

While some may say otherwise, I think there is just as much of that in the financial news as in the "daily churn," it's just that the narratives there are more about subtle (more or less) market- and stock manipulation, but they certainly seem to be present - and usually as full of crap as the rest.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

Heating of the wires in an electric wire is proportional to the square of the current- fact.

MarcusA

I like blackcurrant juice.

MarcusA

No one

100% of hoomans who like blackcurrant juice, die.

MarcusA

I am dying from apathy.

MarcusA

A current fact of life is the depth of the lies.

MarcusA

Currently, I am reading again.

Icarus

It is reported that a metal object resembling a container, such as a fuel tank or explosive device, has washed  up on a beach in WA. The location is a hundred  or so kilometers north of Perth. The identity or function of the mysterious vessel is, at this time, unannounced in the international news.

Marcus, the WA citizen, might provide some local speculation as to the origin or the  purpose of the mysterious object. It is in his part of the world. His local news might even provide some interest, as opposed to the continuously inane one liners.

MarcusA

Quote from: Icarus on July 18, 2023, 01:53:45 AMIt is reported that a metal object resembling a container, such as a fuel tank or explosive device, has washed  up on a beach in WA. The location is a hundred  or so kilometers north of Perth. The identity or function of the mysterious vessel is, at this time, unannounced in the international news.

Marcus, the WA citizen, might provide some local speculation as to the origin or the  purpose of the mysterious object. It is in his part of the world. His local news might even provide some interest, as opposed to the continuously inane one liners.

I am sorry. I have heard no news of it.

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on July 18, 2023, 03:12:18 AM
Quote from: Icarus on July 18, 2023, 01:53:45 AMIt is reported that a metal object resembling a container, such as a fuel tank or explosive device, has washed  up on a beach in WA. The location is a hundred  or so kilometers north of Perth. The identity or function of the mysterious vessel is, at this time, unannounced in the international news.

I am sorry. I have heard no news of it.

Australian Space Agency investigating possible rocket debris found on beach
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.