News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

God created the heavens and the earth

Started by MarcusA, June 18, 2023, 09:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

It was fear that created all the gods.

Old Seer

Heaven: a place in one's psyche containing what one values and esteems called stars. A new car, mother, father, wife, money, pets, motorcycle, friends. movie "stars", a rock star, body.
IE. As a car slowly turns into a rust bucket it looses it's brightness-- time for a brighter star.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Heaven doesn't allow pets. It only allows human beings to enter because animals don't have souls. Therefore, you shouldn't blame me - it's theology that is to blame.

Asmodean

It would be far more impressive if God created the heavens, from which then arose the Sun, from the accretion disk or dust cloud or whatever was there of which arose the Earth. Just sayin'. There must be some bronze age way of putting them thoughts into scripture.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Old Seer

Quote from: Asmodean on June 26, 2023, 10:01:19 AMIt would be far more impressive if God created the heavens, from which then arose the Sun, from the accretion disk or dust cloud or whatever was there of which arose the Earth. Just sayin'. There must be some bronze age way of putting them thoughts into scripture.
There now exists two distinctly opposing interpretations of biblical creation, Material and the other psychological under which material things are metaphors for spiritual things. It's a choice now of which one wants to use. The later will require some learning.  ;) 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Asmodean

All I'm saying is that it would have been far easier to make the book fit reality if the book presented an even halfway adequate model of it.

In that book, "spirits" would have been something people use to get drunk. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

The god of the bible is an inefficient, bumbling, inept bozo.

Asmodean

Quote from: No one on June 27, 2023, 05:33:40 PMThe god of the bible is an inefficient, bumbling, inept bozo.
Methinks it's all that spirituality, if you know what I mean. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Quote from: Asmodean on June 28, 2023, 07:54:10 AM
Quote from: No one on June 27, 2023, 05:33:40 PMThe god of the bible is an inefficient, bumbling, inept bozo.
Methinks it's all that spirituality, if you know what I mean. :smilenod:

Then, God is detached from the real world for a reason.