News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

On the Marvels of Humanity

Started by MarcusA, April 25, 2023, 12:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Eh, your post was a multi-tool!  ;D

No one

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on April 27, 2023, 05:26:37 PMWhy is he looking upwards?
Other people beat me to it and did a fine job.

What is the story the painting tells you?

You could go with the "earthy" looking for spiders in the corner or the more pretentious-sounding looking from darkness towards the light, symbolising this, that, hope, despair and all sorts of euphemisms for mortality - or something else entirely. That is the beauty of a well-done piece of art. It needs not tell the same story to everybody, or if it does - with different degrees of individually-informed nuance.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Quote from: Asmodean on May 02, 2023, 11:34:33 AM

You could go with the "earthy" looking for spiders in the corner or the more pretentious-sounding looking from darkness towards the light, symbolising this, that, hope, despair and all sorts of euphemisms for mortality - or something else entirely. That is the beauty of a well-done piece of art. It needs not tell the same story to everybody, or if it does - with different degrees of individually-informed nuance.

He is a marvel looking for a miracle.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

Quote from: MarcusA on May 07, 2023, 03:35:38 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 02, 2023, 11:34:33 AM

He is a marvel looking for a miracle.

I may have been too harsh, perhaps he's just old.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on May 20, 2023, 12:43:16 PMlooks like he fell in a hole

He is not shrouded in darkness. The light is very much upon him. If I am not mistaken, this is a picture of a religious person. Faith has its faults but it is not without hope. Without hope, man is nothing.

MarcusA

True heroics are performed by people, what is more heroic than the maintenance of hope?

MarcusA

Man is not without hope. He is without insight.