News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Believing in yourself

Started by MarcusA, April 30, 2023, 03:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

To be a parent is to believe in yourself.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

The Magic Pudding.

No one

To believe in yourself, is a mayonnaise sandwich.

MarcusA

If you didn't believe in yourself, you wouldn't become a parent.

No one

Tank

Quote from: MarcusA on May 02, 2023, 08:23:12 AMIf you didn't believe in yourself, you wouldn't become a parent.

I don't agree. We are evolved organisms that exist for the sole reason of making more of us. Anything else is really just fluff. Reproduction is our only 'purpose'.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on May 02, 2023, 08:23:12 AMIf you didn't believe in yourself, you wouldn't become a parent.
My first sexual encounters were not precisely self-assured. Thinking back, they could have resulted in a pregnancy or two as well. Happened to one of my classmates when he was about 16.

Believing in yourself can certainly help when it comes to the number of potential pregnancy-inducing encounters, but it's not required.

From there, there is also a matter of relevance. How relevant is believing in yourself to making babies? I'd say "not very."

"Sex is good. Let's have some. Ooh! a baby. Well, now we're fucked!" Is this course of events implausible? I think not.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I don't believe in myself. I don't have any children of my own.

Asmodean

Conversely, I'm an arrogant SOB, yet somehow also childless. Perhaps there are priorities there far ahead of self-image?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

If I teach children anything, it is how not to behave.

Asmodean

Eh... In the immortal words of philosopher Dr. Gregory House, "all parents screw up all children." It's an accurate enough statement. Me? I just try not to "help" overmuch.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

/

MarcusA

MarcusA

Self-belief is all you need.

No one