News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is science kosher?

Started by MarcusA, July 03, 2023, 12:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Obviously, it's an abomination.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

Koscher is a reference to a religious principle of dietary purity.

Science... I would say it is impure by nature. Science is amoral and the individual scientists may have an agenda. For example, you can follow the Scientific Method very well while also subscribing to "the ends justify the means."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

The scientist has a forked tongue, according to the religious. The scientist devises wicked schemes, according to the religious. According to the religious, science has no benefit.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

Well, since science nullifies their delusion fantasy, taking the: "La la la la I can't hear you" stance, works wonders.

Asmodean

What precisely is wrong with forked tongues, by the way? I hear they are good for smelling things with.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on July 04, 2023, 07:38:38 AMWhat precisely is wrong with forked tongues, by the way? I hear they are good for smelling things with.

There is the incontestable American Indian phrase, "white men speak with forked tongues"

I think it's a biblical reference snakey crawley in the Garden of E
If it wasn't for a forked tongue, I'd be in paradise... a different better paradise!

The Magic Pudding.

Is kosher science?
Probably back in the old days
Pig eating isn't healthy, we have observed.

Asmodean

Nothing wrong with eating them pigs, provided you can look after the meat properly to avoid stuff like e-coli and torrential diarrhoea.

Yes, I do get that snakes have forked tongues (hence my smell reference) and there was a snake in the bible, but why would its tongue define it, rather than its venomous fangs or constricting muscles?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on July 04, 2023, 02:19:59 PMNothing wrong with eating them pigs, provided you can

We can't so declare them dirty by holy writ.

Asmodean

:smilenod: It's that, or invent refrigeration.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

When spoon feeding those that lack the intestinal fortitude for cutting edge thinking, the term "forked tongue" is easy to swallow.

Asmodean

...Which, I maintain, is weird because forked tongues are fascinating in their usefulness. I wouldn't mind one, although it's probably of a more limited use quite as far above the ground as I am, but still... (Also, no, not talking about them fools what split their tongues as a body modification. A little slit does not a forked tongue make. :smileshake: )
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.