News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Is football a sickness?

Started by MarcusA, April 26, 2023, 06:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Football is certainly a fever.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

Which football Marcus?.  We have American football while the rest of the world calls footbal by a name that we call soccer

Tank

He's talking about about Australian Football. It's a cross between soccer, rugby and a pitch invasion. Played on an oval field just to be different.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

MarcusA

MarcusA

Football can drive out all other topics of conversation.

billy rubin

i saw a football game once. nearly 50 years ago. they had to drive an ambulance onto the field to remove a young man with a broken neck

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on April 27, 2023, 11:48:19 AMi saw a football game once. nearly 50 years ago. they had to drive an ambulance onto the field to remove a young man with a broken neck

It's not just that but concussion as well. Though, for all the injuries, I can't see them stopping football.

billy rubin

many people here think it is very important

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

Quote from: billy rubin on April 27, 2023, 06:45:53 PMmany people here think it is very important

Happily, they're not important.

Icarus

I watched a TV description of Aussie football tonight.  It is called Footy I am told.

I have long believed that  Aussies are completely nuts. They have been shown to take risks, with pride, that sane humans would take pains to avoid.

One of the star "Footy" players is an American, a Texan who is seven feet tall. He is regarded as a "fair dinkem" mate who has become as nuts as his Aussie team mates.

If we get into armed combat somewhere in the world, I sure as hell want to have the antipodean lunatics on my side.

Tank

The Aussies were well respected as warriors in Vietnam.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding.

Transcendence is an ingredient of exponential energy

Bluenose

Quote from: Tank on May 01, 2023, 08:47:21 AMThe Aussies were well respected as warriors in Vietnam.

And in WWII:

"If I had to take hell, I would use the Australians to take it and the New Zealanders to hold it." -Erwin Rommel.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

MarcusA

Racism in sport is seriously sick.

No one

I consider myself a true racist. There is only one race of people on this planet. The hooman one. I despise the complete lot, equally.