News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Mensa Meeting

Started by MarcusA, April 25, 2023, 02:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Only geniuses welcome.

Mensa is a group of wankers trying to explain phenomenology to one another.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

MarcusA

What is the phenomenology of phenomenology but phenomenal.

MarcusA

I have an IQ in the mid-130s which puts me in the top 2% of the population for intelligence but my emotional intelligence is zero.

Tank

I passed the Mensa entrance exam decades ago. I took the Groucho Marx option.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Yeah, I passed the exam but never paid a membership fee. I'd rather hang out with smart people, than "merely" intelligent, and Mensa has all sorts. There is not enough for me in that club to "unionise" my intellect.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

I qualify as well, but anyone I've ever met who was a member was a stuffed shirt. Not my type.

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 25, 2023, 02:48:18 PMI qualify as well, but anyone I've ever met who was a member was a stuffed shirt. Not my type.

Which is why I avoided the so called 'Brights' group when they were a thing. Are they still arround?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

MarcusA

Quote from: Tank on April 25, 2023, 04:17:44 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 25, 2023, 02:48:18 PMI qualify as well, but anyone I've ever met who was a member was a stuffed shirt. Not my type.

Which is why I avoided the so called 'Brights' group when they were a thing. Are they still arround?

Anything to do with Richard Dawkins is suspicious in my opinion.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on April 25, 2023, 04:17:44 PM

Yup, and I wouldn't join them, either. The name alone is good for an eyeroll.

Brights

Tank

It must be so full of egos I'm surprised they can all fit.

MarcusA

Quote from: Tank on April 25, 2023, 05:49:46 PMIt must be so full of egos I'm surprised they can all fit.

"Ego is not a dirty word," it is bullshit bigotry that stinks.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on April 25, 2023, 05:49:46 PMIt must be so full of egos I'm surprised they can all fit.

How do you know if there is a Mensa member in the room?

They'll tell you.  ;)

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

MarcusA

MENSA - massively enormous nerdy student association

Asmodean

Yep. I've known a few perfectly OK Mensa members, but far too many tend to think far too highly of their mental faculties, which... IIs OK when it's deserved, buuut... Isn't always so.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.