News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Christopher Hitchens Gets Waterboarded

Started by crocofish, July 03, 2008, 08:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crocofish

Christopher Hitchens, well known antitheist writer, subjected himself to waterboarding to experience first hand whether waterboarding is torture or not.  He wrote an article about his experience called Believe Me, It’s Torture.  There is also a video.  I admire Hitchens for experiencing waterboarding instead of just making third hand opinions about it.

Now if we could just get Fox News journalists to experience it.  I'd personally like to see Bill O'Reilly waterboarded.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Will

I'd now like him to finally admit that there are no WMDs in Iraq. He makes me embarrassed whenever he says that.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

crocofish

Quote from: "Willravel"I'd now like him to finally admit that there are no WMDs in Iraq. He makes me embarrassed whenever he says that.
Sometimes Hitchens makes me wince.  He's like a loud opinionated guy you hear ranting in a restaurant, but I guess most political pundits are like that.  He has his own war against religion, and doesn't mind having an excuse to bomb fundamentalist nations.  Hitchens certainly has a different style than Richard Dawkins, who approaches subjects in a more methodical and rational (i.e. scientific) manner.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

Jeb

Hitchen strikes me as the kind of atheist that atheist parents tell their atheist kids not to be like when they grow up.
Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast.
   Douglas Adams

susangail

Quote from: "Jeb"Hitchen strikes me as the kind of atheist that atheist parents tell their atheist kids not to be like when they grow up.
Agreed.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

Promethium147

Have you seen this - Semantic Court Justice Antonin Scalia on torture vs. punishment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPqjCM6e5oM

From what I've been seeing lately, our Government Officials are suffering from high rates of spongiform encephaly - and so are we, as it rolls downhill.

Utterly barking MAD they are.

Promethium147

Here's another little gem - video comparisons demonstrating the rapid cognitive decline of GW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12lrlNsjgQ

Enjoy - or crap yer knickers might be appropriate, too.