News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Afghan Journalist Sentenced to Death for Controversial Verse

Started by Whitney, July 15, 2008, 04:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

[youtube:o1q9q75f]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajYaras4spw[/youtube:o1q9q75f]

If you read the extended info on the video there are links to petitions to attempt to help this guy out.

Quote from: "url]http://www.rawa.org/events/parwiz_e.htm[/url]"]Mr. Kambakhsh is accused of printing/distributing an article from the Internet, which points out controversial verses of the Quran regarding women’s rights. The book “Religion in the History of Civilization” (by Will Durant) taken from his living room has been kept as an evidence against him in the court!

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

susangail

Somehow I can't believe this. He's a hero, forget his government.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

afreethinker30

We are talking about a country that stones women because they were raped.How sane are these people  :crazy:

Asmodean

Yet another person who is likely to end up in my back yard...

We seem to collect decent people with death sentences on their heads... And a terrorist or two while we are at it.

Quote from: "afreethinker30"We are talking about a country that stones women because they were raped.How sane are these people :crazy:
In a culture of violence, where children grow up watching corpses torn by mines and artillery shells, watching people cut down by machinegun fire and blown to pieces by suicide bombers, both on TV and out on the streets, what else would you expect..? I think if I was born and raised there, m ways might not differ from their.

All I'm saying is that we should understand the whys of it before we judge them.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"Yet another person who is likely to end up in my back yard...

We seem to collect decent people with death sentences on their heads... And a terrorist or two while we are at it.

Quote from: "afreethinker30"We are talking about a country that stones women because they were raped.How sane are these people :crazy:
In a culture of violence, where children grow up watching corpses torn by mines and artillery shells, watching people cut down by machinegun fire and blown to pieces by suicide bombers, both on TV and out on the streets, what else would you expect..? I think if I was born and raised there, m ways might not differ from their.

All I'm saying is that we should understand the whys of it before we judge them.

But alot of people all over the world live around death.Yes I can understand being more tolerant to seeing death but to take someone's life over something they have no control over,or even just a thought or words.Isn't that just a question of morals in the end?If you grow up being beat by a parent does that mean if you beat your own child that we should give more understanding?

Asmodean

Quote from: "afreethinker30"If you grow up being beat by a parent does that mean if you beat your own child that we should give more understanding?
If my country's law says it's ok to beat my kids and if I grew up being beaten, then yes, that is exactly what I'm saying. People have different values in different parts of the world. And who are we to go out and "righteously impose" our values and ideas onto them?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

I just can't see it that way sorry.I'm not trying to force my "morals" on another country.I don't plan on invading them like Bush likes to  :lol:  But it's hard for me to understand why someone who isn't doing anything wrong can be punished for it.

Asmodean

Quote from: "afreethinker30"I just can't see it that way sorry.I'm not trying to force my "morals" on another country.I don't plan on invading them like Bush likes to  :lol:  But it's hard for me to understand why someone who isn't doing anything wrong can be punished for it.

Your right can be my wrong. My right can be your wrong. That is the reason, mainly. The differences in our view of crime and punishment and people's places within the hierarchy of their society.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Asmodean"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"I just can't see it that way sorry.I'm not trying to force my "morals" on another country.I don't plan on invading them like Bush likes to  :lol:  But it's hard for me to understand why someone who isn't doing anything wrong can be punished for it.

Your right can be my wrong. My right can be your wrong. That is the reason, mainly. The differences in our view of crime and punishment and people's places within the hierarchy of their society.

True and without it what would we have to talk about.