News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Trump Indicted

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, April 02, 2023, 01:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Interesting enough, the ACLU sides with Trump about the gag order.

QuoteIf we allow his free speech rights to be abridged, we know that other unpopular voices – even ones we agree with – will also be silenced," said Anthony Romero, executive director of the ACLU.

"As much as we disagreed with Donald Trump's policies, everyone is entitled to the same first amendment protection against gag orders that are too broad and too vague."
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

i dont think the gag order is too broad.  trump was identifying court personnell by name and doxxing their addresses. given that some court personnell have recieved death threats, i think telling him not to target them was appropriate.

hes been told he can complain about anything he wants, just not court personnell, and now, witnesses. mark neadows is a potential witness in his trial. trump is already publicly questioning whether or not meadows will be loyal to him.

but it can be taken too far. hes running for office and needs to be able to question his prosecution. but so far i think tbe two judges have parsed the topic nicely

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

Trump is up to his ass in alligators, 91 of them, and it could not happen to a more deserving person.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on October 28, 2023, 02:47:33 AMTrump is up to his ass in alligators, 91 of them, and it could not happen to a more deserving person.

Indeed. He's led a crooked life for decades. His comeuppance is due. It's going to be interesting what Princess Sparkle Twat has to say when she's on the witness stand. She's in a tough situation- loyalty to daddy Vs perjury. I suspect that loyalty to daddy is going to fade, given that she could get prison time. Then again, the rich get little time in prison, usually probation. Then again, I'm seeing some rich people getting prison time. #CoinToss

Tom62

There are more US politicians that deserve more jail time than Trump. International war criminal George W. Bush comes in mind for starting an illegal war and being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands civilians.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on October 28, 2023, 08:32:44 AMThere are more US politicians that deserve more jail time than Trump. International war criminal George W. Bush comes in mind for starting an illegal war and being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands civilians.

Don't forget his pet Tony Blaire.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

all we did in iraq was create isis and give iran a blank space to fill.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on October 28, 2023, 10:53:18 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on October 28, 2023, 08:32:44 AMThere are more US politicians that deserve more jail time than Trump. International war criminal George W. Bush comes in mind for starting an illegal war and being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands civilians.

Don't forget his pet Tony Blaire.

Don't forget deputy dog John Howard
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: billy rubin on October 28, 2023, 11:38:10 AMall we did in iraq was create isis and give iran a blank space to fill.

You spent a trillion and a few of your keen for war companies might of made a billion.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

billy rubin

its our biggest export, i think