News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Sweden joins NATO

Started by Asmodean, February 27, 2024, 10:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Sweden is all nice and NATO-like these days. Good. That is good. Also, some European leaders are contemplating boots on the ground in Ukraine. While I would not call that "good," not even close, I wonder if it may be necessary. This discussion, however, does deserve its own thread, I think.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Putin invades Ukraine because he doesn't like NATO. Finland, Norway and Sweden join NATO. The only countries bordering Russia on its European side that are now not in NATO are Belarus and Ukraine. I don't remember a time when the European NATO members have been more focused.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

well, they had a good look at what their future held.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Nato allies reject Emmanuel Macron idea of troops to Ukraine

QuoteSeveral Nato countries, including the US, Germany and the UK, have ruled out deploying ground troops to Ukraine, after French President Emmanuel Macron said "nothing should be excluded".

Mr Macron said there was "no consensus" on sending Western soldiers to Ukraine.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov has warned of direct conflict if Nato troops deploy there.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 27, 2024, 05:59:35 PMPutin invades Ukraine because he doesn't like NATO. Finland, Norway and Sweden join NATO. The only countries bordering Russia on its European side that are now not in NATO are Belarus and Ukraine. I don't remember a time when the European NATO members have been more focused.
Uh... We were there "from the start," The Asmo shall have you know!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norway–NATO_relations

The Swedish membership was "a long time coming." What I thought deserved a thread were the musings among several European leaders about maybe-just-maybe putting their soldiers in Ukrainian trenches.

I'm not sure if Macron was serious or virtue signaling or maybe trying to achieve something else entirely, but now that the idea has been aired at that level... There would probably be significant support for trying in Poland, among other places. Trouble is, whatever the case, it would take a long-ass-time to turn intent into something actionable in this conflict.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I should have checked, my bad.

Tank

Putin will be safe behind European bureaucracy.

billy rubin

it will be a cold day in hell before the french ever make a diplomatic decision that doesnt have the immediate advantage of france front and center no omatter who else gets screwed

set the function, not the mechanism.

Icarus

^ The French may have perfected the age old principal of CYOAF................(cover your own ass first) 

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 27, 2024, 08:25:50 PMPutin will be safe behind European bureaucracy.
This right here. Yes. :sadnod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.