Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Ukraine cyber-conflict: Hacking gangs vow to de-escalate

Started by Tank, October 09, 2023, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

An interesting development.

Ukraine cyber-conflict: Hacking gangs vow to de-escalate

QuoteThe two largest hacktivist groups in the Ukraine conflict have vowed to de-escalate cyber-attacks and comply with new rules of engagement published by a war watchdog.

On Wednesday, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) issued the first list of rules for civilian hackers ever created.

Dubbed a "Geneva Code of cyber-war", it was initially criticised as unworkable.

But now Ukrainian and Russian hackers say they will comply with the rules.

Since the invasion of Ukraine there has been a steady stream of disruptive cyber-attacks against public services in both Ukraine and Russia with varying degrees of impact...
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

I wonder if this means other countries will lay off each other, as well? If these groups actually will, as opposed to going further underground. I'll express my profound cynicism here for all to see.  ::)

Asmodean

Hmm... Yes. I maintain what I consider to be a healthy amount of skepticism with regards to warring parties making promises regarding ways in which they conduct their wars.

There may be less "attacks" in the future, but more, shall we say, "accidents." :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

There you go..."Oops, I accidently turned off the power to the premature baby unit in the main hospital in Kyiv!  :rant:  Oh, what shall I do?"  :notsure:

Here ya go, kid, you're now in the Army!

Asmodean

Yes.

"I was visiting this here website for a power station on my bootleg browser running perfectly-harmless code and suddenly a 404 error! What a coincidence! And then the power went out! Inexplicable!"
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.