News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

halloween

Started by billy rubin, October 28, 2022, 10:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Accusing someone of evil intent who means good, but they cannot explain themselves clearly enough to sensitive souls, is not only stupid but it is also downright harassment.  As far as I am concerned, both Mags and Bruno deserved to go.  If they want to find witches to burn, they should go to a New Age festival.  Asmo and Tom62 wouldn't know if their pants were on fire, let alone make a decision about being outright racists.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

It's a product of the times and human nature, unfortunately. Books get judged by their cover as thoughts get judged by their presentation. It's surface-level and rising. Personally, I don't think content has ever been less relevant or the debate climate less shallow - at least in my lifetime - and though given to colourful turn of phrase every now and then, I do try to remedy that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote from: MarcusA on August 04, 2023, 02:24:21 AMAccusing someone of evil intent who means good, but they cannot explain themselves clearly enough to sensitive souls, is not only stupid but it is also downright harassment.  As far as I am concerned, both Mags and Bruno deserved to go.  If they want to find witches to burn, they should go to a New Age festival.  Asmo and Tom62 wouldn't know if their pants were on fire, let alone make a decision about being outright racists.

Taking it upon yourself to render judgement on people, eh? People from different cultures than your own, no less. This is not in any way a positive contribution to this site.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

MarcusA

Mags and Bruno may be far different to me but they can still read, just not properly.

Asmodean

Whether or not this is the case in this particular situation, I'd like to ask you to abstain from passing judgement on forum members who are not here to defend their position. It's unproductive and rude besides.

(This is a personal request, not an administrative one)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.