News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

a good friend of mine is dying

Started by billy rubin, March 04, 2023, 10:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on March 13, 2023, 07:30:34 AM
Quote from: Tank on March 12, 2023, 08:44:16 AMat the very least to explain why the person had access to the means to kill themselves.

They don't take their guns away do they?
That would be outrageous.  >:(

You can strangle yourself with your own underwear in a pinch. Open up a few veins with your own teeth if you happen to be naked in a padded room. A tad gruesome, but it is an option.

My point is; it's less a matter of tools and more that of determination. Someone who really wants to not be alive anymore will find an opportunity and exploit the shit out of it. If not today - there is always tomorrow. Or the next day, or the next.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

well i called today and nobody answered and nobody has called back.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Doesn't sound too encouraging. Let us hope it is for a benign reason.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

It's a genuine drag when good people leave us. Sorry to hear that another one is on the way out.  :blue tear:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Just now seeing this, billy. I've been out of town on business. Sorry about this - it is never easy watching someone go down.