News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Have You Begun To Fester And Rot Yet?

Started by The Magic Pudding., February 17, 2023, 08:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

"True Believers" is Leftist propaganda. haha
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Recusant

Yeah, sorry. Open-minded freedom lovers, rather.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on June 17, 2023, 02:46:30 AMAs I see it you rightfully choose to view your alignment with the true believers as loose. Perhaps more opposed to some of the same things rather than actually aligned. Nonetheless, those are their positions and they aren't shy about it.
That's accurate. :smilenod: The people with whom I stand for something are often different to ones I stand in opposition with. Their reasons are their own as well, just as my reasons are my own.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

The true believers will believe anything.

No one

Ignorance love company as much as the next guy/gal.

Asmodean

Ignorance on a large enough scale is... More or less the essense of faith.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

MarcusA

MarcusA

I will rot in hell and the worms will eat me for now.

billy rubin

i find it annoying that i wake up in the morning hurting in my various body parts.

i sleep on a simple piece of 3/4-inch plywood, no mattress, a blanket under me for insulation. i havent slept on a spring-mattress in over fifty years.

maybe i should re-think my substrate?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

You may want to, by the sound of it. At least, you could stick one of them thin top mattresses or whatever they call such like on your plank'o'wood..?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: billy rubin on June 27, 2023, 12:49:30 AMi sleep on a simple piece of 3/4-inch plywood, no mattress, a blanket under me for insulation. i havent slept on a spring-mattress in over fifty years.

Looxury, when I was a boy...

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Ecurb Noselrub

Putting labels on people is generally dangerous. We end up applying them to so many different kinds of people and behaviors that soon nobody knows what the labels mean. Better to just say "this person is acting appropriately/inappropriately because -----" . Of course, labels are more fun, but it's dangerous fun. Kills conversation and thought.

Asmodean

Labels can be OK as long as there is broad agreement on their scope of definition OR as long as the person using them and those listening have a mutual understanding of ye olde Olde Scratch in the details. Speaking of, "Old" can be a label. As in "Old people." Who are they? Everyone over 60? 62? 76 1/4? 35? And why not 35? I mean, if you are eleven and talking to your peers... Them old farts are more than thrice your age.

When labels (your own just as much, if not more, as someone else's) make you do things, we get sayings like "for good people to do evil - that takes religion." It's not exclusively negative, of course, but I do think that while if you act in manner a, you may be label b, you should not be label b, and therefore act in manner a, if you understand what I mean. (If not, I'm pretty sure I've belaboured this very point before, so... Might find a link)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.