News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

the christmas selfie

Started by billy rubin, December 25, 2022, 11:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: billy rubin on December 28, 2022, 07:29:03 PMi forget what i look like frequently

then i am generally horrified to rediscover myself

I generally find that this usually only occurs after the consumption of very large quantities of intoxicating beverages...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on December 28, 2022, 08:25:44 PMI'm in no way saying that the hoomans that enjoy that stuff are wrong for their enjoyment. I could just never understand why anyone would want a picture of themselves.

When you take a picture of yourself in a uniform that has your name on it, it has the double benefit of allowing you to remember what you look like and what your name is.

No one

What about students?
Or maybe housewives?
Perhaps a suit and a tie?
What if your hairstyle has changed so many times, you don't know what you look like?

Dark Lightning

You won't be at a party, you won't be at a disco.

billy rubin

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 29, 2022, 01:12:46 PMWhen you take a picture of yourself in a uniform that has your name on it, it has the double benefit of allowing you to remember what you look like and what your name is.

in that case i need one with my birthday on it too

set the function, not the mechanism.

billy rubin

happy new year

visited the number one son and his soon to be wife

ate too much long grain rice and dal.

dont get dal very often and i ate at least three days worth

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on December 28, 2022, 07:29:03 PMi forget what i look like frequently

then i am generally horrified to rediscover myself

I know that feeling! :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.