Music you listened to when you were 13 that you've sought out on Youtube and...

Started by The Magic Pudding., November 30, 2022, 12:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anne D.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on November 30, 2022, 12:46:56 PMMusic you listened to when you were 13 that you've sought out on Youtube and is surely symptomatic of encroaching dementia.

This category is pretty much all I ever post over in "What are you listening to?"   

Hmmm.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

I still enjoy swing. Like any music that relies heavily on brass, it's best live.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Quote from: Recusant on January 14, 2023, 06:06:59 AM

I still enjoy swing. Like any music that relies heavily on brass, it's best live.

That dates you Rec. 

Glenn Miller may very well still be in the English Channel since about 1944. I cut my musical teeth on the likes of Miller, Goodman, Krupa, and the rest of that kind of music.

There are a number of You Tube bits that feature Japanese High School kids doing swing as well as any of the old timers.   

hermes2015

And there was Benny Goodman, who I associate with that era as well.

― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Summer Day Reflection, an evocative song by Donovan that could inspire some impressionistic paintings.

Cat is sleeping in the sun
Eyes take heed the colours call
Sunlight patterns touch the wall
Red kerchiefs sail and fall
Cat is sleeping in the sun
Dragon kite in the sky
Wheel and turns, spin and fly
Attacked by rooks who never fail
To cry the sound of fairy tales
The cat is walkin' in the sun
All the pebbles I have seen
Precious stones for Colleen
Every minute I pass through
Would be groovy spent with you
The cat is yawning in the sun
Jewelled castles I have built
With freak feelings of guilt
And the words stab to the hilt
Pick the flower and it will wilt
Cat is shifting in the sun
Marionette dangles death
Insensitivity is fed
By the TV wizard's wand
Whilst in the spell you're conned
Cat is smiling in the sun
Cat is smiling in the sun
Eyes take heed the colours call
Sunlight patterns touch the wall
Red kerchiefs sail and fall
Cat is smiling into me
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Donovan' song brought to mind In a Summer Garden by Frederick Delius.

― Charles Eames