News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What is the reasoning behind faith?

Started by MarcusA, April 25, 2023, 04:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

Reason is the enemy of faith. - Martin Luther

What is the reasoning behind faith? I have no clear picture of this. Blaise Pascal has given me an insight into the heart, the tenderness of the human spirit, is that it? "The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of."
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

No one

If the faithful had any reason, there would not be any faithful.

MarcusA

Quote from: No one on April 25, 2023, 09:17:19 PMIf the faithful had any reason, there would not be any faithful.

Good point, No one, but I will persist.

MarcusA

I don't want to destroy the religious.

Old Seer

Quote from: MarcusA on April 25, 2023, 04:37:21 PMReason is the enemy of faith. - Martin Luther

What is the reasoning behind faith? I have no clear picture of this. Blaise Pascal has given me an insight into the heart, the tenderness of the human spirit, is that it? "The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of."
Faith without an accompanying reason has no value resulting in blind faith. IOW, faith must have a reason to be as it cannot stand on it's own. Faith without knowledge is moot.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Quote from: Old Seer on April 26, 2023, 05:00:17 AM
Quote from: MarcusA on April 25, 2023, 04:37:21 PMReason is the enemy of faith. - Martin Luther

Faith without an accompanying reason has no value resulting in blind faith. IOW, faith must have a reason to be as it cannot stand on it's own. Faith without knowledge is moot.

What does faith know but the heart.

Old Seer

I understand reason and faith as partners. Without reason faith has left the building or one engages blind faith.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

MarcusA

Quote from: Old Seer on April 27, 2023, 02:34:52 PMI understand reason and faith as partners. Without reason faith has left the building or one engages blind faith.

"Elvis has left the building." Now, that's faith for you - mass hysteria.