News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

MAGA and religious mind set

Started by Icarus, November 24, 2022, 01:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

The deeply religious have the mindset that is similar to that of the MAGA  people. Never mind evidence, "I have my mind made up".

Some of those nice people truly believe that the JW telescope revelations are hoaxes invented by the Jewish cabal..... the ones with the space lasers.

Asmodean

Quote from: Icarus on November 24, 2022, 01:43:59 AMThe deeply religious have the mindset that is similar to that of the MAGA  people. Never mind evidence, "I have my mind made up".

Some of those nice people truly believe that the JW telescope revelations are hoaxes invented by the Jewish cabal..... the ones with the space lasers.
The "religious" mindset is not a MAGA phenomenon. Our own "movement" pretty much up and shattered over it way before MAGA ever was a slogan printed on a red cap. Many an atheist is not a sceptic when it comes to other matters than god. Many have found objects of worship and adherence to substitute their old religious idols. For instance, I like to rag on the woke bullshit infecting things in which it has no business - comparatively little of it comes from the more divinley inspired. Comparatively a lot of it is religion - just one where "god" gets substituted with some other word.

I think some people genuinely do have some sort of a god-shaped hole in their psyche, and they tend to shove into it whatever seems to conform to their sensibilities at the time with little challenge or question.

That said though, you know that Elon Musk feller what has himself an space company? Well, he was talking about this whole "to space for under a thousand" scheme or some such. Now, they say that Jews not only have a cabal, but also like money, which... Cheaper stuff means having more of. Just what is in them Starlink satellites?  :thoughtful:

Did any-one coin that conspiracy theory yet? Because if not, then it's The Asmo's. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding.

Quote from: Asmodean on November 24, 2022, 10:46:48 AM
Quote from: Icarus on November 24, 2022, 01:43:59 AMThe deeply religious have the mindset that is similar to that of the MAGA  people. Never mind evidence, "I have my mind made up".

The "religious" mindset is not a MAGA phenomenon. Our own "movement" pretty much up and shattered over it way before MAGA ever was a slogan printed on a red cap. Many an atheist is not a sceptic when it comes to other matters than god. Many have found objects of worship and adherence to substitute their old religious idols. For instance, I like to rag on the woke bullshit infecting things in which it has no business - comparatively little of it comes from the more divinley inspired. Comparatively a lot of it is religion - just one where "god" gets substituted with some other word.

I think some people genuinely do have some sort of a god-shaped hole in their psyche, and they tend to shove into it whatever seems to conform to their sensibilities at the time with little challenge or question.

I keep an eye on a bargain website where bargains are posted and if you don't keep an eye on it you may well miss a bargain.
They have forums I'm not really into but one titled "Why Do People Choose to Reverse Park into a Carpark?"
Because they're competent drivers?
Scan the space you are to reverse into and proceed if safe.
Or drive into parking space and trust in the kindness of strangers and a benevolent God when reversing out.

QuoteMy sister who is a typical incompetent asian female driver always argue with me about this and I just gave up to her ignorant, no wonder she didn't fare very well in physics at high school.

QuoteWell I do agree with you that reverse parking into tight spots is actually easier but your last paragraph about your Asian sister is unnecessary. It reinforces the stereotypes of Asian females and male. There is no need to trash your own race.

And hence the reverse parking discussion awokens.
He should of said his sister was a stereotypical incompetent asian female driver
Ye, it may have saved him being put in his place by his betters.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on November 24, 2022, 01:26:36 PM"...Why Do People Choose to Reverse Park into a Carpark?"
Because they're competent drivers?
Scan the space you are to reverse into and proceed if safe.
Or drive into parking space and trust in the kindness of strangers and a benevolent God when reversing out.
Indeed. When you are backing out of a hole, you must give the right of way to those not doing that. Of course, the same applies to backing into a parking space, but there generally is very little cross traffic in one of those.

QuoteMy sister who is a typical incompetent asian female driver always argue with me about this and I just gave up to her ignorant, no wonder she didn't fare very well in physics at high school.
Now, I've taught a bit of driving to a Chinese lady with... Mixed success, let us call it. That being all good and well though, what on Earth do you mean by that Asian sister not doing well in high school physics?!

The Asmo, He demands better reinforcement of stereotypes. Immediately! >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

in th oil fields the rule is to always park facing your escape route in case all hell breaks loose

so people back into their spaces

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

See, that right there. That's sensible.

Gives a enterprising Asmo ideas. What if there was a bomb behind every parking spot and unless you managed to leave it in a timely manner, BOOM! :thoughtful: Yes... Yes, that ought to be a thing. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.