News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

[Video] Why Fentanyl is so dangerous

Started by Asmodean, November 08, 2022, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

I found a interesting video about Fentanyl/opioids. Very down-to-Earth way of explaining for we who don't really do anatomy.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

jumbojak

I saw that a few weeks ago. The anatomical perspective is one thing. The fact that fentanyl is so cheap and is currently being used to enhance other drugs brings the danger to a whole new level.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

That's true. He sort-of skimmed along that other discussion towards the end of the video.

I mostly found it interesting for the how-it-works aspect of it rather than why-you-should-avoid-it, however, drugs being cheap, the threshholds for getting powerful ones being generally low and the prevalence being... Everywhere - that is a discussion worth having.

Prescribe antibiotics against viral infections enough and you get multiple resistances and superbugs. Prescribe "feel-good" drugs too freely, and you get increased addiction. We are getting what we are "asking for," which is short-term solutions at the expense of long-term problems.

...And I shouldn't talk, really. I'd much rather pop Ibuprofen than have a mild head ache.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.