News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

The Right to Life?

Started by MarcusA, July 10, 2023, 07:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Asmodean on August 30, 2023, 12:42:55 PMAh, but is it still there if no-one sees it? Einstein thought it might be - other models of reality are available.

You'll see it, I'll see it, some abominations you just have to see.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 30, 2023, 11:58:47 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 30, 2023, 11:24:05 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 30, 2023, 10:57:20 AMIt does not!
Does, too!  :o

The Pudding hath stared into the abyss, and the abyss staredeth back and its name was Marcus.

:grin:

Hey, there is no comparison tween me and Marcus.
I made myself a big genius badge out of dried pasta and stuff from the recycling bin today.  I'm a practical person. >:(

You're both Australian aren't you? That's good enough for stereotyping! :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

:smilenod: There is that right there, too, and the Asmo is busy working on deviously-nefarious ways of making Pudding rhyme with Marcus.

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on August 30, 2023, 12:48:15 PMYou'll see it, I'll see it, some abominations you just have to see.
Nope. The Asmo rejects the reality in which a nasty, malformed Moon exists unless He's looking at it. :snooty:

In seriousness though, should better business sense prevail and unless the shitshow gets fixed in season two, then I doubt there will be a season 3. Perhaps it's beyond saving even if season 2 is fixed... Rings of power certainly is, so there is that...

For the time being though, it's shit, which is disappointing, but hardly surprising, and while I would have loved a good - or even a good enough - adaptation, it's no skin off my teeth whatsoever to just not watch it.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Asmodean on August 30, 2023, 12:55:10 PM:smilenod: There is that right there, too, and the Asmo is busy working on deviously-nefarious ways of making Pudding rhyme with Marcus.

The Marcusian Pudding?

No!

If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Maybe we should invite MarcusA back?

Dark Lightning

:o  Not only no, HELL no!

Tank

Tank

How about giving him his own area of the forum and he can only post there?

Dark Lightning

Troll dump?  ;D

On a more risible note, he's just been banned from AtheistForums.org. I don't know if it is a timeout or permanent, as I haven't seen a post by the administration about it yet.

:lol:

billy rubin

Quote from: Asmodean on August 30, 2023, 07:32:46 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 29, 2023, 05:25:56 PMpoint being, offending people who were different was part of tbis guys public identity.
Is that what you took from it? Fair enough, I suppose.

Quoteim willing to get along with people, but the ones who take pride in being objectionable are not the ones im interested in accomodating
And the example you found was someone taking pride in who he is in spite of how problematic someone might find it, while in the next breath you, and I quote,
Quote from: billy rubin on August 30, 2023, 02:34:36 AMi already have an american gay pride flag on my bumper.
If only there was a word to describe that... Something about hippos or some such...  ;)

Linguistic flair aside, not accusing you of actively and wantonly being a hypocrite - not any more than is "human." However, it is worth pointing out that your pride flag is as much an interpretable statement as "I'm huwhite. How else may I be a problem?"

i believe you are wrong in your assessment,  asmo.

there is a difference between saying

i stand in support of this

and saying

fuck all of you who do not agree with me.

think about it.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

Quote from: Tank on August 30, 2023, 09:33:14 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 30, 2023, 02:34:36 AMi already have an american gay pride flag on my bumper.

if youre not getting hit by tbe rocks thrown at those you support

then youre not standing close enough

Can I use the second two lines of that to build a meme?

absolutely. i didnt coin tbe phrasing, but i am increasingly intolerant of intolerance.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on August 31, 2023, 01:44:30 AMi believe you are wrong in your assessment,  asmo.
Perhaps, but thus far, I'm afraid I must insist on it. Here's why;

I am not a huwhite Christian, nor am I a part of the alphabet community, nor a supporter of either. Therefore, my view is from the outside.

When I see someone saying, "White Christian. How else may I offend you?" I take from that that the individual in question is who he is and if you have a problem with that - well, fuck you then.

When I see a rainbow flag, I see someone saying "I'm gay. You got a problem with that? Well, fuck you then."

Both are perfectly fine.

Of course, you don't have to be anywhere near as charitable to the white Christian gentleman, but then, why would you be any more charitable to the pride flag? The answer, obviously enough, is that you would be because it is your banner, while the other is an "enemy" one.

So, if I were to go with your interpretation of the message the white Christian tried to send, may I also assume that you flying that particular flag means that you are OK with prepubescent children twerking for money or consider MAP a valid sexual orientation?

Note that I am being slightly hyperbolic since there are particular varieations of the pride flag to include or exclude certain stripes and symbols. Whatever yours may be, however, I could, with receipts, read a lot of unpalatable politics into it.

So,

Quotethere is a difference between saying

i stand in support of this

and saying

fuck all of you who do not agree with me.

think about it.
There is, but is that indeed what's being said? Is that what's being heard? Could it perhaps easily appear in the exact opposite order to the right set of ears?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.