News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

NASA Knows

Started by The Magic Pudding., March 30, 2023, 02:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Anne D.

billy rubin

im serious

mostly

conservative quakers will wait for a clear leading before making a decision on serious issues. if clearness is not obtained, the solution is to postpone a decision until unity is achieved.

in situations where circumstances force one outcome rather than another when undirected, we decide by not deciding.

^^^this is the strategy of the traditional slow quaker: to stop until told to go.

i am a fast quaker. i go until i am told to stop.

both are needed for genuine unity, but i have pissed a lot of people off at times

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

I taught at a Waldorf school (didn't drink the kool-aid) for two years. This need for unity seemed to be something they strived for, as well. Don't know if it was universal to all the schools, though.

billy rubin

unity does not mran unanimous

or consensus

the sense of the meeting is a weird form of group think, in which everybody agrees, or agrees not to stand against, leaving a way forward for the group.

quaker stuff.

doesnt always work very well either