News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

If I had a magic wand I would...

Started by Tank, October 21, 2022, 09:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Not a heavy discussion thread! This is the Laid Back Lounge

Imagine you had a magic wand and could change one thing in the world what would you consider changing? If somebody has a good idea start a thread about it in the relevant area of the forum :)

It bugs me that scientific 'Laws' are called laws. Law implies some sort of imposition on behaviour and if the law wasn't there the behaviour somehow wouldn't happen. ie if there were no Law of Gravity there would be no gravity.

So if I had a magic wand I would stop the use of the word Law and replace it with the term Consistently Observed Phenomena or COP for short. Thus we would have Scientific COPs keeping the Universe in order.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo would have used His one magic wand to set up mass production of more magic wands, which He would then use with reckless abandon, mostly for personal profit and comfort.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

...make all plastics biodegradable.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tom62

If I had a magic wand, I would make politicians and the people in the media grow their noses half an inch at every lie.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on October 21, 2022, 07:40:05 PMIf I had a magic wand, I would make politicians and the people in the media grow their noses half an inch at every lie.

:rofl: The Pinocchio punishment Perfect!!

billy rubin

i would make automobile steering wheels impossible to turn without the indicators also being on

Bluenose

At the risk of being altogether too serious, I would abolish all belief in the supernatural
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

...grant reincarnation to all pets.

No one

If I had a magic wand
I'd magic wand in the morning
I'd magic wand in the evening, all over this land.
I'd magic wand out danger
I'd magic wand out a warning
I'd magic wand out love between
my brothers and my sisters, ah-ah, all over this land.

Tank

billy rubin

if i had a magic wand i would enact a reality in which the earths axis was at 90 degrees to the ecliptic, so that seasonality by time would be replaced by seasonality by latitude .

so if you liked winter you could just live there and the difference between spring and summer would be a day trip.

soryy about the perpetual hurricanes and continental glaciation but im still wirking out the details

Biggus Dickus

I would use the Magic Wand to enlarge Bad Penny's pee-pee to an acceptable size...not too big, just big enough that he doesn't get laughed at anymore.  8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

And there you have it folks, 12, the angle of difference from magic wand to, "magic wand"

Asmodean

Hmm... Using a magic wand for wand enhancement... There be gold in them hills. :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.