News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

I have seen the light!

Started by Tank, September 14, 2022, 06:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Went to Fountains Abbey today. Couldn't resist playing dress-up!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

you showed up at an abbey dressed as a monk?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2022, 08:09:33 PMyou showed up at an abbey dressed as a monk?

:rofl: No lol. They had a display where you could try on the clothes they wore. It was really heavy felted wool. Remarkably comfortable and looked very durable.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

billy rubin

when i lived in london during the sergeant pepper days a friend of mine wore a woolen monks habit. looked more comfortable than the bomber jacket and leather flying helmet i customarilly wore

Tank

I was surprised how comfortable and luxurious if felt.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Tank on September 14, 2022, 08:27:07 PMI was surprised how comfortable and luxurious if felt.

How the felt felt? :lol: You've sold out to the dark side!  :D

Tank

Dark Lightning

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: billy rubin on September 14, 2022, 08:09:33 PMyou showed up at an abbey dressed as a monk?
You see, if he answered some variation of "mebbe," this would have been SO much better! :lol:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

well i dunno

could have been a job interview

Ecurb Noselrub

What did you wear under it? No true Englishman .......!!!!!~

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 15, 2022, 09:24:47 PMWhat did you wear under it? No true Englishman .......!!!!!~

I just had my usual clothes on underneath.

Tank

The Cistercians in Yorkshire

This makes interesting reading about the clothing.

Anne D.

Did they also have the stockings and cowhide shoes available to try on?