News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Artimis Program

Started by Icarus, August 30, 2022, 01:51:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Launch scrubbed today.  Problem with one of the engines.  Rescheduled for this coming Friday.  They have to get this thing right because it cost an unimaginable sum of dollars. We have only one chance to get it right the first time.  The Artemis is a beast, it is more than 300 feet tall, longer than an American football field. I do not know the gross weight but it must be a big number.

Among the less crucial disappointments was that there were tens of thousands of would be close up spectators who had traveled to the Cape..  Nearby hotels and other accommodations had been sold out for months. Now all those disappointed spectators will have to rethink their high adventure.

Here is hoping that the launch goes of well this coming Friday.   

Tank

I was watching the program and one point of interest is that the main booster uses old refurbished shuttle engines. If it works don't fix it!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

It is called Artemis because she (Artemis/Diana) was considered a goddess of the moon. 

Asmodean

God of the Moon, you say.

What is the Moon, The Asmo asks?

Well, it is round. Also, kinda gray. Somewhat lumpy. Potentially made of clay (of sorts)

This... Might mean something :notsure:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Certainly it means something. It may provide you with a place from which you can launch a devastating attack on Luxembourg.

Asmodean

Precisely. :smilenod:

The Moon has, in fact, been working for The Asmo the whole time.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

waxing now

third day past new

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Yes, getting all old and soggy. The Asmo shall have to see to procuring a new one eventually.

Every. Bloody. Month!  :rant1:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Quote:asmo:

:snicker1:  I'm with you in preferring the waxing crescent🌛 but the waning crescent has its charms as well.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken