News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Apollo images remastered.

Started by Tank, August 27, 2022, 04:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Apollo Remastered: One man's mission to show us the Moon

""I've always wanted to see what they saw, to step on board that spacecraft, to look through that same window, and to see what they saw when they walked on the Moon."

Andy Saunders has an obsession. It's Project Apollo, one of the defining events in our species' history.

But he's also got a deep frustration. And that's the pictures that record those remarkable space missions in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Or, rather, it's the way those pictures are presented to us - often less than sharp, flat, and compressed to death.

It's why the Cheshire property developer took a decision a few years back to put his career on hold and dedicate his time fully to reworking the US space agency's (Nasa) image archive.

The result is a gloriously sumptuous new book called Apollo Remastered. Four hundred pictures that detail humanity's first foray to another world."
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

my wife just told me that nobody has ever been on the moon who was born after 1935.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on August 27, 2022, 09:28:51 PMmy wife just told me that nobody has ever been on the moon who was born after 1935.

What a scary thought.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Icarus

I will be able to see the con trails from the moon rocket launch that is scheduled for 8 30 AM Tomorrow. (8-29) I live about 75 miles from Cape Canaveral but the sight is clear enough to give me goose bumps. That is one big ass rocket.

Soon enough, we will have a follow up moon mission with humans who are not as old as Mrs. Billy has mentioned. 

Bluenose

Checked out the NASA web site to see when this will be flung into the sky.  All times are EDT, no UTC/GMT equivalents, so people not in the USA can work out when it will happen.  The whole world does not live in the USA!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on August 29, 2022, 02:55:46 AMChecked out the NASA web site to see when this will be flung into the sky.  All times are EDT, no UTC/GMT equivalents, so people not in the USA can work out when it will happen.  The whole world does not live in the USA!

But it is being launched in a particular time zone. What else should they publish?