News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Age-related Health Issues

Started by hermes2015, August 12, 2022, 05:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Good results and good advice. I am 70 and my doc checks my PSA every year when I get my checkup.

billy rubin

excllent.

what are tbe first things you are gling to be working on?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 06, 2023, 03:58:41 PMGood results and good advice. I am 70 and my doc checks my PSA every year when I get my checkup.

👍
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on February 06, 2023, 04:12:27 PMexcllent.

what are tbe first things you are gling to be working on?

I've been working on the design for a bird feeder for a garden. It will be a life size sculpture of a man holding a tray for the seeds. It will be in concrete and should weigh about 90 kg. It is a labour-intensive project, so I will wait about another month before I start. In the meantime I am planning a painting of clivias for my ex wife.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

jumbojak

Do knees count as age related? Both my knees give me hell but the right knee is seriously jacked up. As much as I dislike doctors I'm working on seeing someone.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on February 06, 2023, 11:57:37 PMDo knees count as age related? Both my knees give me hell but the right knee is seriously jacked up. As much as I dislike doctors I'm working on seeing someone.

Yes and no. Knees can a problem for people in their teens, if they play certain sports. However, not counting sports-induced injuries, one's knees and other joints do start deteriorating naturally. In your case it's probably related to all the sporting activities you enjoy.
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

I have traumatic arthritis from playing football (American) in high school. It taught me that you pay for everything in this life.

hermes2015

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 07, 2023, 06:47:04 PMI have traumatic arthritis from playing football (American) in high school. It taught me that you pay for everything in this life.

That's what we call the First Law of Thermodynamics in physics.

The second law says that we don't even break even, owing to that pesky entropy term.
― Charles Eames

Asmodean

Quote from: hermes2015 on February 07, 2023, 02:58:28 AMYes and no. Knees can a problem for people in their teens, if they play certain sports. However, not counting sports-induced injuries, one's knees and other joints do start deteriorating naturally. In your case it's probably related to all the sporting activities you enjoy.
:smilenod:

Here is a Asmo-logic straight from The Tome;

1. The Asmo knows people who play sports.
The Asmo does not know people who have not ever injured themselves playing sports.
Therefore, sports lead to injuries.

2. The Asmo knows people who munch upon junk food.
The Asmo knows no people who have ever injured themselves while munching on junk food (An occasional bit tongue or coffee burn notwithstanding)
Therefore, junk food is obviously far safer than sports.

Fight Him!1!!1!1ONE!1! >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

my knees suck but its because of motorcycles. cant blame anybody but myself.

now my hip is stiffening. cant have that because the motorcycle races are in july. so im working to loosen em up

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Asmodean

Yeah, I've ruined my shoulder to a rather painful extent, but anti-inflammatories work wonders when it starts acting up.

I suspect that most of them "old age issues" are entropy - yes - but entropy helped by life choices, and to a not-inconsiderable degree.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dark Lightning

For me it's osteoarthritis that's the big one. I've had 5 or 6 surgeries on my feet because of it, and have it to some extent in every joint. I also have a condition called monoclonal gammopathy that is currently not causing me problems, except for mild anemia.

hermes2015

This one is not not age-related. I've been walking around with the remains of a tooth that had been root canal treated years ago, but that had crumbled gradually until only the root was left. It was painless, so I didn't bother having it seen to during my prostrate treatments. My dentist felt it was better to have the roots removed by a dental surgeon. I saw one yesterday; he detected a cyst under the roots when he looked at the X-ray scan of my mouth. Less than an hour later I walked out sans roots and cyst, with instructions of what to do if the pain became bad. After almost 24 hours, I have felt absolutely no discomfort or pain and slept well last night. I had my usual breakfast this morning, without feeling anything.
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

― Charles Eames