News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

The fabricated sham, of dear old Mr. Pam

Started by No one, August 03, 2022, 05:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on August 05, 2022, 06:43:43 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 04, 2022, 03:07:13 PMwhy?
They are among the most unstable cars you could drive. They go from boring to scary, skipping fun.

They are also (quite subjectively speaking) ugly, slow and impractical.

Many flaws - no redeeming features.

They can park where no other car can.  :nanana
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2022, 08:12:47 AMThey can park where no other car can.  :nanana
Better cars can park wherever they can. Toyota IQ - glorified washing machine though it is, and only marginally better than the Smart. VW UP! family. A whole host of Japanese city runabouts. A fair number of French nonsense. That not even getting into all sorts of motorbicycles and ATVs (Which handle about as well on the road, but can have a roof, a entertainment system and climate control - and leave the paved surface, should the need arise)

Smart fortwo is for carrying interns from home to office. Except of course said interns are broke and so they take the bus. It's pointless.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Bad Tank! Mustn't troll the scourge of Luxembourg!  :argue:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

The Asmo shall SMITE a Smart car, see if He shall not. In fact, He shall rain destruction upon Luxembourg in the form of Smart cars raining from the skies and there will be explosions and squishes and splats and wailing and gnashing of teeth! FEAR HIS WRATH!!11!1!ONE11! :rant1:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

billy rubin

little cars often have weird and dustinctive styling. sometimes ugly is popular.

not ^^^here tho

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

billy rubin

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

I have to agree with Asmo. A Smart car is basically screaming out "Run Over Me!!!"  It is a target. If you want to be small, get on a motorcycle. At least you have a fighting chance, and people are a bit intimidated by you. A Smart car is begging to have sand kicked in its face.

No one

I'll take a RWD snarling V8 that I have to park 2 blocks away over a tiny little commuter without hesitation. Every. Single. Time.

Icarus

I once had a BMW Isetta.  And I have worked on a Messerschmidt Kabinroller. Both were useable in those days but not very safe in dense traffic where drivers of big ass Buicks are in a hurry, as they often are.

billy rubin

those were both classics.

but the smart car is also not a protective mode of transport. still, i used to split lanes to work every day in the san francisco rush hour traffic, so safety is all relative

Icarus

Splitting lanes has some hazards. Bubba types who chew tobacco and spit, dumbasses who open a door, tidy types who throw out the remains of their beverage, and a few other ways to come to grief.  I have split plenty of lanes in my day. Miraculously, I am still alive.

billy rubin

lol

yes

somehow we survived

no traffic anymore where i live. if i die it will likely be no ones fault but my own

Dark Lightning

Just plain "luck", whatever that is. I used to drive mountain roads at speeds far above the posted limits, racing other "young, dumb and full of cum" individuals", myself. I've slid off the road into rocks, slid off the road and stopped before falling off 500+ foot drops, slid off the road and down steep embankments, driven on US 1 at speeds exceeding 120 MPH past farmers pulling out of their fields onto the road, etc. Lucky. One memory stands out as a real test of my luck. I was driving my '66 LeMans with a Ram Air III 400 Cu In engine, big cam, headers, blah blah. Nevada, 1975, when the national speed limit was 55, and I was doing 143 MPH, passing everything "in my way". I had retread tires, and tubes in the rear tires. #luckynottobedead The engine gave up the ghost, and I rolled to a stop, with the radiator heaving steam like a teapot. I must have passed 50 vehicles, but maybe 12 passed before the Nevada Highway Patrol rolled up and asked if I needed help. (yeah, they knew this nut was out there) I told them that it had just overheated, and once it cooled off, I'd be on my way. I had no water to refill the cooling system, and when I started it back up, so many rods were knocking that I just shut it off, and my friend and I started walking, with our thumbs out. All those people I passed just drove right by. :lol: We finally got a ride in the back of a pickup into a burg called Goldfield, where I called my sister, who lived in Idaho. She and her husband came down with a truck and a tow bar, and towed it to their place. Should have just left it in the Nevada desert, it would have been cheaper. Those retread rear tires with tubes in them...I'm still amazed that they didn't simply disintegrate at that speed. Losing a rear tire at that kind of speed, even going straight, is a sure disaster. Good times!

Icarus

We studly types have done some stupid shit in our day.  Billy is still doing it with his LSR passion. I may even claim the title of dumbass of the year for some of my youthful lapses of survival judgement. Most of them involved a motorcycle, a few involved racing hydroplanes or other floating objects, at speed.