News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

i fidnt mean to make it a poll stinky friends

Started by billy rubin, July 04, 2022, 04:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

https://upi.com/8531656013407/?app_view=1

if you smell simialr to somebody, you are more likely to become their friend.

this is intetesting to me because several times in my life i have met total strangers who i took an instant dislike to.

and it was mutual. they were ordinary people, not rude, not acting in any way hostile, but i didnt like them at all and it was mutual.

i have always suspected olfaction, and this study indocates it as a possibility

set the function, not the mechanism.

No one

Anne D.

The component parts of the study were really interesting--the reliance on both human "smellers" and an electronic nose.

The one researcher discussed how we generally pick up other people's smells subconsciously. I think there's also a conscious aspect. My two best women friends, who I've known since childhood, have always "smelled good" to me, even their sweat. With the one I met first, I've always felt like our friendship was "at first sight." And I can still remember the smell of the neighbor girl down the block who I was good friends with. It wasn't perfume or soap, it was just her pleasant smell. She always smelled good to me.

On the other hand, I've encountered people, both male and female, who I liked as people and got along fine with (i.e., there was no hostility or feeling of "that person rubs me the wrong way"), but smelled atrocious to me, even though they were clean and seemingly did not smell bad to other people.

billy rubin

people are complicated.

i have almost no sense of smell anymore so i get alo g witb anybody so long as they arent nazis

Icarus

WHen I was kid, I lived in a predominantly Cuban area. About half of the kids reeked of garlic. You could smell them 20 feet away.  They were all clean and usually well groomed.  That was not a turn off for me, but it probably influenced my choice of friends. 

In high school there were the pretty Cuban girls who had the garlic smell but not as conspicuously odorific as the boys.

billy rubin

when i was a kid all the indians smelled of coconut oil because they used it in their hair.

plus their teeth were bright red from betel nut but that doesnt have a smell.

the chinese in the opium dens explained to me that the reason i smelled so bad was because of the meat in my diet.

hermes2015

I am attracted sexually to Thais, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, and other Asians. Very luckily for me, the attraction is mutual. It's weird how, in a crowded club, I will usually end up bonding with anyone from South East Asia. For want of a better word I have always attributed this to pheromones.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 05, 2022, 01:49:25 PMhermes, what is your diet?

It's a typically non-regional and wide ranging Western diet that includes food from Europe and Asia. I have never smoked and consume very little alcohol.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

billy rubin

maybe the asians like you because you smell like fried rice?

dunno what european food an asian might find interesting.

certainly not . . . haggis . . .

i dont know how brits ever find mates after eating that.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on July 06, 2022, 12:26:33 AMmaybe the asians like you because you smell like fried rice?

Perhaps it was just my irresistible sex appeal.
― Charles Eames

Bluenose

Quote from: billy rubin on July 06, 2022, 12:26:33 AMmaybe the asians like you because you smell like fried rice?

Oh, but a nice slice of haggis fried till it's a bit crispy goes really well in a fry-up including bacon, eggs, black pudding, sausages and grilled tomato!  YUMM!!!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on July 06, 2022, 04:13:32 AM

Oh, but a nice slice of haggis fried till it's a bit crispy goes really well in a fry-up including bacon, eggs, black pudding, sausages and grilled tomato!  YUMM!!!

Unlike many other things, black pudding has never passed my lips.
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Had black pudding my last day in London last year. Had a full English breakfast and it was included. I sampled it, but left most of it.