News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Inclusiveness and Affirmation‽ That is unacceptable!

Started by Recusant, June 17, 2022, 03:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

"Contrary to the teaching of the Catholic Church" indeed.  :mb lol:

"Jesuit school in Worcester loses Catholic affiliation after flying BLM and Pride flags" | Boston 25 News

QuoteAfter a nearly 4 month long standoff with the Diocese of Worcester, the Nativity School has been told they can no longer identify as Catholic due to its continuous flying of the Black Lives Matter (BLM) and Pride flags.

Since January of 2021, the Jesuit school has flown both flags unbeknownst to the Diocese. The president of the religious school, Thomas McKenney, claims the flags were flown "to express support for making our communities more just and inclusive." He points to the majority of the student body being persons of color as a contributing factor for putting the flags up, saying, they "simply state that all are welcome at Nativity."

The Nativity School serves grades 5 through 8 and is the only tuition-free Catholic school in the Diocese of Worcester. The students are all boys from low income households. The school does not receive any funding from the Diocese.

In March of 2022, the Catholic Bishop of Worcester learned about the flags and told Nativity to remove them or lose the right to brand itself as a Catholic School.

In an open letter written in May, Bishop Robert McManus said, "these symbols (flags) embody specific agendas or ideologies (that) contradict Catholic social and moral teaching. It is my contention that the 'Gay Pride' flag represents support of gay marriage and actively living a LGBTQ+ lifestyle."

Both the school and the Diocese have gone back and forth over the divisive issue since then, ultimately leading to an announcement on June 10 that the school is barred from identifying as a Catholic one.

"It is my sacred duty and inherent responsibility to determine when a school claiming to be 'Catholic' is acting in such a way that is contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church," Bishop McManus said. "Despite my insistence that the school administration remove these flags because of the confusion and the properly theological scandal that they do and can promote, they refuse to do so. This leaves me no other option but to take canonical action."

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Well, in their defense, the big man did say "Love others as you love yourself, unless of course, they are different."

billy rubin

they are indeed consistent, matching their action to their profession.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."