News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

compensating for something?

Started by EvolutionCalling, July 12, 2008, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvolutionCalling

Quote from: "susangail"
Quote from: "Chimera"Kinda reminds me of Big Butter Jesus.

This is just North of Cincinnati on I-75.  I picked up a load near this the other day, I didn't notice until it was too late to get a photo.

susangail

Quote from: "Jolly Sapper"I was waiting for that song to show up here... I heard only last week on the way to school on the radio.
My friend had me listen to it a couple years ago when I was a Christian... I was so offended. Hehe, so funny.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

susangail

Quote from: "EvolutionCalling"This is just North of Cincinnati on I-75.  I picked up a load near this the other day, I didn't notice until it was too late to get a photo.
Aww bummer!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

afreethinker30

Quote from: "Msblue"Maybe it will be struck by lightening and burn to the ground. You know, god's will or something like that.

Haha that makes me think of Pat Robertson "God is going to judge the entertainment industry." And then a fire destroyed his radio station. roflol

Jolly Sapper

Quote from: "afreethinker30"
Quote from: "Msblue"Maybe it will be struck by lightening and burn to the ground. You know, god's will or something like that.

Haha that makes me think of Pat Robertson "God is going to judge the entertainment industry." And then a fire destroyed his radio station. roflol

Schadenfreude!!

crocofish

Quote from: "jrosebud"We made the trek up to Kansas (former home-sweet-home and where most of our relatives still live) via I-35 this past month from Austin.  The huge cross in Edmond was only one of the lovely religious propaganda pieces we encountered.
A couple years ago, I was also on a trip from Dallas to Kansas and saw the same cross.  My friend on the trip warned me ahead of time, and I even took a picture of the cross.  I have that picture buried somewhere in my many digital picture files.
"The cloud condenses, and looks back on itself, in wonder." -- unknown

ewomack

What a wonderful tribute to crucifixion, one of the nastiest deaths people have come up with. Oh boy, kids! Stand in front of the death machine! SMILE!!!! Pretend your hands are nailed down!!!  :P
Ed Womack
Get Milked

AncientToaster

Quote from: "afreethinker30"What a waste of money.Two sticks and some yarn work just as well. :D

True that. Christians should use their giving for something that matters (helping the poor, etc.), not advertising their piety.
People are usually more convinced by reasons they discover themselves than by those found by others. -- Blaise Pascal

Asmodean

Quote from: "AncientToaster"
Quote from: "afreethinker30"What a waste of money.Two sticks and some yarn work just as well. :D

True that. Christians should use their giving for something that matters (helping the poor, etc.), not advertising their piety.

Indeed. How many kids in Africa could get school books for the money it takes to build just one such monument?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.