News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

HAF Default Theme

Started by Recusant, May 11, 2022, 05:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

For now, I think we are stuck with the latest version of the standard forum theme (look and layout). The updated forum software version (2.1) has turned up its nose at the themes that were available for the previous version (2.0).  At least the new version of the standard theme works better on mobile devices than the old one did.

For instance the default theme we were running for the past two years or so will not run on 2.1, nor will the dark theme requested by Davin.  I'll keep an eye open, and when the custom theme folks have something available, will get it going here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

I have got used to it and don't find it too bad, but perhaps others will disagree. The only thing I really don't like is the monospaced typeface I am forced to use when writing a post. Can it be changed to a proportional font, something like Arial?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 11, 2022, 06:31:53 AMI have got used to it and don't find it too bad, but perhaps others will disagree. The only thing I really don't like is the monospaced typeface I am forced to use when writing a post. Can it be changed to a proportional font, something like Arial?

Yes, I agree regarding the monospaced font. I have not found a way to modify it in the new forum software. The site also apparently overrides browser settings in regard to which font is used.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Unfortunately, that is indeed the case.

I suspect the entire recent outage-causing crash happened precisely due to a version update being in conflict with the third-party themes, which... Yeah. Caused massive issues, making the forum contents practically un-deliverable to people's browsers. And the automated/scheduled fixits tried to fix it and sort-of... Made it worse.

Mostly my fault for having been too absent to actually stick fingers in such matters and code around the issues, but... Such is life.

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 11, 2022, 06:31:53 AMI have got used to it and don't find it too bad, but perhaps others will disagree. The only thing I really don't like is the monospaced typeface I am forced to use when writing a post. Can it be changed to a proportional font, something like Arial?
Changing font family should be doable in the main theme - unless of course there is opposition, in which case we could clone said theme and change its font family.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.