News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

On a Media Thread

Started by MarcusA, May 12, 2023, 12:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

I believe that a recommendations thread in the Media section across all mediums is sure to be a hit. Also, in passing, why hasn't "What are you reading?" been pinned when "What are you watching?" has?
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on May 12, 2023, 12:02:29 PMI believe that a recommendations thread in the Media section across all mediums is sure to be a hit.
You should start one.

Personally, I find separate threads based on media type to be cleaner as we don't all have similar preferences there. For example, someone may be almost entirely disinterested in newspapers, but very interested in YouTube. another may enjoy network TV, but not read books. I don't think piling everything together would necessarily be detrimental, but I suspect that it might eventually evolve into a recommendation thread of the very specific media that the thread's most active contributors wish to promote.

QuoteAlso, in passing, why hasn't "What are you reading?" been pinned when "What are you watching?" has?
Pins can be a bit random. Do you think the latter should be unpinned or that the former should be pinned?

(Also worth noting is that you shouldn't puit more weight in my opinion in a moderating/organisational capacity than that of any other member. That Admin tag is for the technical keeping-the-ship-afloat stuff. I don't moderate)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

I think that "What are you reading?" should be pinned. As for the other suggestion, a recommendations thread might be just a bad idea.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

billy rubin

i recommend darwins on the origin of species.

7th edition.

if you can do victorian, its a very readable book.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."