News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

your own wisdom thread. post wisdom from forum members

Started by billy rubin, March 05, 2021, 09:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

I'm with Tank on this one, actually. I would have married my MiL if we had met and were the same age. She's good people.

billy rubin

i did marry my mother in law.

well, my wife now looks just like her mother looked thirty years ago. and they're the same in a million other ways.

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

hermes2015

Quote from: Randy on March 08, 2021, 07:41:18 PM
Pay attention to your date at a restaurant. How do they treat the staff that waits on them? It's a good indication of the true personality.

I couldn't agree more.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2021, 09:35:29 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 08, 2021, 09:30:45 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2021, 04:47:58 PM
If you wouldn't marry her mother don't marry her.

And that, my friends, brings an end to the institution of marriage.

:rofl:

Well that is just silly.
So females pass their genes onto their female offspring and presumably males pass theirs onto their sons, exclusively.
I don't a accept this, if my daughter is going to bring home a boy she wants to keep for a while, I will take the effort, (very slight) to look slinky and seductive, well aged and desirable. 
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

The absolute value of punishment for a bad act always exceeds the absolute value of reward for a good act.

In a more colloquial phrasing, the bad is always worse than the good is better.

Thus, the lesson is that a life of relative calm is superior to a life of dramatic ups and downs. The valleys are lower than the mountains are high compared to the normal level.

No one

Everyone's a douche.
Everyone's a moron.
Brooklyn has the best pizza.

billy rubin

Thus, the lesson is that a life of relative calm is superior to a life of dramatic ups and downs. The valleys are lower than the mountains are high compared to the normal level

thatz actually true  but it never seemed to be a strategy i followed

win or blow

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

billyportne

Wisdumb... thinking of something stupid but resisting the temptation to say it.
Happiness is like moonshine. Make your own and you'll never run out. But keep in mind that life is not a playground. It's a classroom where you get the test first and the lesson after.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.