News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil

Started by Gnostic Christian Bishop, January 06, 2022, 07:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

Seems like a decent overall ideology.

Does your ideology include a clause that says you should raise hell against evil religions?

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Does yours, and how do you exercise that degrading chore?

Regards
DL

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Yeah, "evil religions" is a silly blunderbuss of venom. What religion is not "evil" in the opinion of some person or other? So now I'm supposed to deputize myself to "raise hell," against religions, whatever that means? By going about on the internet on a crusade of posting bullshit, maybe?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Different strokes for different folks.  An evil religion to one man may be a sacred and blessed religion to another. 

Most of us, here, are pretty sure that all religions have their faults. Many of them preach and teach absurdities. Is that to be considered evil?

billy rubin

Quote from: Gnostic Christian Bishop on January 06, 2022, 07:29:24 PM

Seems like a decent overall ideology.

This, --- for evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing, --- is a part of my ideology/theology, given that I call myself a Gnostic Christian.

Does yours, and how do you exercise that degrading chore?

Regards
DL

no

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Gnostic Christian Bishop

Quote from: Icarus on January 08, 2022, 03:26:30 AM
Different strokes for different folks.  An evil religion to one man may be a sacred and blessed religion to another. 

Most of us, here, are pretty sure that all religions have their faults. Many of them preach and teach absurdities. Is that to be considered evil?

Absurdities do not necessarily create evil.

I worry more about how they are preaching for homophobia and  misogyny in churches while our governments are preaching equality.

Regards
DL