News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Angry White Men

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, November 21, 2021, 12:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

I have to say I agree with this article.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/20/us/angry-white-men-trials-blake-cec/index.html

Living in Trumpland, I see the rabid hatred that angry white men exhibit. Obviously, I'm a white man, but I have to say that I fear my own kind these days more than "the other", whomever they may be. I have no idea what to do about it. It will play out however it plays out, but I think that the potential for widespread violence is bubbling just under the surface.

ADD YOUR MESSAGE

Icarus

The writer of the vid has called it like it is. I am thoroughly distressed by the angry white dumb fucks that I encounter. I still see more than a few pickup trucks with large American flags and Trump flags both streaming proudly. Angry white men are joined in stupidity by disappointingly many of their female counterparts. 

I refer you once again to the Bonhoeffer premise.

Most recent annoyance occurred when entering an optometrist facility.  A perfectly decent looking couple attempted to enter the door that was clearly marked; masks required to enter this facility.  The clerk asked them to use their mask and offered them a  new one.  They said; "we do not use masks".  The clerk offered to speak to them outside the building. They became all outraged that the optometrist had company rules.  These dipshit people claimed that their freedom was being denied.

In that environment it is likely that the optometrist staff would be close to the prospective customers face. WTF is so hard to understand about the risk that is involved from close proximity to strangers?  These may not have been white supremacists but they were certainly on the fringe of that element.

The worst of the news is that there are gazzilions of stupid people out there that we have to live with. 

I have been thinking of moving to New Zealand.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on November 21, 2021, 02:05:39 AM
The writer of the vid has called it like it is. I am thoroughly distressed by the angry white dumb fucks that I encounter. I still see more than a few pickup trucks with large American flags and Trump flags both streaming proudly. Angry white men are joined in stupidity by disappointingly many of their female counterparts. 

Most recent annoyance occurred when entering an optometrist facility.  A perfectly decent looking couple attempted to enter the door that was clearly marked; masks required to enter this facility.  The clerk asked them to use their mask and offered them a  new one.  They said; "we do not use masks".  The clerk offered to speak to them outside the building. They became all outraged that the optometrist had company rules.  These dipshit people claimed that their freedom was being denied.

In that environment it is likely that the optometrist staff would be close to the prospective customers face. WTF is so hard to understand about the risk that is involved from close proximity to strangers?  These may not have been white supremacists but they were certainly on the fringe of that element.

The worst of the news is that there are gazzilions of stupid people out there that we have to live with. 

My wife and I considered that option, but if one isn't a contributing member of their economy (as in having a skill and working at it for some number of years), one must pony up $1M to emigrate. Also, my wife has friends who have moved there and when serious medical needs surface, they fly back to the US. Say what you will, it isn't likely better in NZ. The devil one doesn't know, I guess.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

i tried nz yeard ago. were not taking applications. australia only wanted legal secretaries and pastry chefs that week

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

NZ has its issues, too.  Just ask the Maori.

TheFightSong

Earth is where the clowns think they are not clowning around. But they are. Just make sure you don't drink the clowns' rainbow-colored koolaid. Or you'll become one of them by becoming disconnected from reality.

No one

Asshattery is woven into the human tapestry. Too many shitbags mucking it up for the infinitesimal percentage of decent folk.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 21, 2021, 03:55:19 AM
Quote from: Icarus on November 21, 2021, 02:05:39 AM

My wife and I considered that option, but if one isn't a contributing member of their economy (as in having a skill and working at it for some number of years), one must pony up $1M to emigrate. Also, my wife has friends who have moved there and when serious medical needs surface, they fly back to the US. Say what you will, it isn't likely better in NZ. The devil one doesn't know, I guess.

$1M is much too low, NZ looks after their people, becoming part of that has to be worth more than that.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

^ You're quite likely correct, but if I pay $1M each for the wife and I, that only leaves about $1. I picked up a horrible addiction to food when I was little, and I can't kick it. Withdrawal is a real bitch.