News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Tipping point?

Started by Tank, December 12, 2021, 09:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2022, 07:42:25 AM
Russian tanks and troops have moved into Eastern Ukraine.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-60454795

It would be easier to take the moral high ground if it wasn't for the coalition of the willing debacle.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

I suppose we should thank the Russians for starting WWIII on such a memorable date 22/2/22.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2022, 09:00:23 AM
I suppose we should thank the Russians for starting WWIII on such a memorable date 22/2/22.

Can't be, it's already taken, it's Ritchie Benaud day.

Tank

Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 22, 2022, 09:05:29 AM

It's now WWIII day AND Ritchie Benaud day.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2022, 09:19:45 AM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on February 22, 2022, 09:05:29 AM

It's now WWIII day AND Ritchie Benaud day.

Ritchie Benaud day and WWIII day, tooo.

billy rubin

with the russian self glorification of themselves in their Great Patriotic War of 1939-1945, im surprised that nobody in the west has publicly compared putin to adolph hitler to his face

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Ecurb Noselrub

Putin says the Ukrainian government is Nazi and is committing genocide. What a liar.  He has asked Ukrainian troops to put down their weapons. They don't seem to be complying.

Tank

Apparently there is panic buying in Ukraine, you can't buy a gun or ammunition anywhere. There are a lot of Ukrainians who remember what it was like in the USSR and they don't want to go there again.

Ecurb Noselrub

Nobody really liked the USSR. That's why its member states declared independence as soon as they could.