News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

3,000 posts for...

Started by Tank, December 07, 2021, 12:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Our very own white rat, Billy Ruben!!!

Thank you for joining in an making this place more interesting  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dark Lightning

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

jeez did i really do that?

have i been here that long?

i really talk too much.

thank you

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on December 07, 2021, 03:15:50 PM
jeez did i really do that?

have i been here that long?

i really talk too much.

thank you

No, please keep on talking. I love to hear about your interesting life.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Ecurb Noselrub

Icarus

Continue to talk to us Billy.  :clapping: You are certainly the unique character who makes their posts fun to read. 

But you do have a lot more kitty cats than sane people have. :thoughtful:

Recusant

Cheers, billy rubin. Here's to the next 3,000!  :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

Only a Indigo Child of the world may bring about this transmission of divinity. Without passion, one cannot live. The complexity of the present time seems to demand a refining of our lives if we are going to survive.

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tom62

Keep those posts of yours coming, Billy.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

billy rubin

Although you may not realize it, you are endless. How should you navigate this conscious dreamtime? If you have never experienced this rebirth of the creative act, it can be difficult to live.

notypos either

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

well, at the rate of 3.703 a day, things don't progress at a spectacular speed

its an interesting facet of the digital age, though. two hundred years ago, people who maintained an extensive correspondence are the people we look to for insights into history and politics. because they wrote on paper, which fragile as it is, remains more permnanent than any digital media dependent on maintaining back level software and infinite backups.

i used to spend vast amounts of time in emulsion photography, albums with thousands of images of places, and people, and significant events. now i have even more thousands of images in the cloud, where a snafu can remove them from any database forever.

but then, all my previous photographs were destroyed in a wave of floods that also stripped me of my books.

so maybe taking a long time to reach 3000 posts is good? or is it bad?

thank you for listening

Tank

If you enjoy creating your posts do you need to look any further?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

billy rubin

well, youre right, of course.

but i always scrutinize what im doing anyway. part of trying to live an intentional life. so long as indecision isnt part of it, i reasonably happy with how im doing.

traditional conservativve quaker practice includes a lot of wat i call indecision-- the default is to not move forward without a positive leading in favor of that action or direction. quakers who practice that are referred to as slow. im the othe end, because im a fast quaker-- i believe that not making a decision is to make a decision, and so reflexive slowness isnt a positive course, on its own.

traditional slow quakers will stand around on a sinking ship debating whether to use the lifeboats or the life vests, whereas a fast quaker will say, get into whatever is closest and worry about the leading after.

the correct path is to mix input of both types, but the slow quakers are slow about that too. i end up just working on my own behind their backs and letting them catch up.