News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

2021: South Africa’s second-last elections

Started by Tank, November 03, 2021, 08:11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on November 03, 2021, 08:11:48 AM
2021: South Africa's second-last elections

This makes some interesting and if true rather worrying reading.

Yes, thinking South Africans are indeed worried about the future. Many of the ones who can afford it (mainly whites) have been quietly establishing back doors for themselves, with ties in countries like Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and Canada. There is are very big Portuguese and Greek communities, who of course have ensured that they maintain strong connections with their families as well. The really huge Lebanese sector are less fortunate, with the home country in an equally big shambles. I'm afraid one sees this kind of decay in many parts of Africa. The politicians are on the whole only interested in enriching themselves and couldn't care less about their constituents. I have travelled widely in sub-Saharan Africa and what I've seen in many countries has often depressed me profoundly.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.