News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Your Current Obsession

Started by curiosityandthecat, July 10, 2008, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

DJ, you've gotten me addicted to modcloth. I am drooling over the boots and dresses right now.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Rune on June 14, 2012, 08:04:19 PM
My obsession right now is to get $1K, what for? A budget gaming PC. :)

You going to build it yourself or buy a brand one?
Retired member.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 14, 2012, 08:20:33 PM
DJ, you've gotten me addicted to modcloth. I am drooling over the boots and dresses right now.

That's what happens! When I worked at the clinic back home, a bunch of us used to tease one of our co-workers for constantly surfing and blowing all of her money on modcloth. And then we all got addicted. Now I spread the addiction.  ;D (Did you see the "be the buyer" section? You get to vote/make suggestions on upcoming designs they're thinking of selling).

Muahahahaha!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

christie

Current obsession: buying second hand books from op-shops!

So many good books and sooooo cheap :D
The earth can be summed up as this: Sunshine creates happiness, and I create myself. Nights are long and life is predominantly good. Wind is refreshing. Tea is wisdom. Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others. ~Jessi Lane Adams

Ali

Tom62

Quote from: Ali on June 15, 2012, 04:19:19 PM
What is an op-shop?
It is either a New Zealand Rock Band or opportunity (charity) shop
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

christie

What is an op-shop?

yeah, it's an opportunity shop, so a second hand shop :)
The earth can be summed up as this: Sunshine creates happiness, and I create myself. Nights are long and life is predominantly good. Wind is refreshing. Tea is wisdom. Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others. ~Jessi Lane Adams

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: christie on June 16, 2012, 06:46:04 AM
What is an op-shop?

yeah, it's an opportunity shop, so a second hand shop :)

I like that name better than the one we have here in Brazil for second-hand book stores: "sebos" which is the waxy oil your skin produces. I'm guessing they named it that because the books they sell supposibly have finger oil all over their pages.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

I used to search the charity shops (as we call them) for books.  But now I have a Kindle, my obsession is hunting on the net for free e-books.

Ali

We call them thrift stores.

technolud

Quote from:  oldgitI used to search the charity shops (as we call them) for books.  But now I have a Kindle, my obsession is hunting on the net for free e-books.

OldGit, I assume you are familier with the Guttenburg Project?  http://www.gutenberg.org/

I haven't bought a book yet for my kindle.  Plus, reading lots of the stuff I "always meant to".

OldGit

Quote from: technoludOldGit, I assume you are familier with the Guttenburg Project?

Yes, thank you.  There are dozens of sites, mainly for epubs.  You can convert most file types with Calibre.