News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Your Current Obsession

Started by curiosityandthecat, July 10, 2008, 03:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

We have a "What's on your mind today" thread, but sometimes something's not just on your mind... you're obsessed with it!

So, what's your obsession today, or this week? A television show? A book? A certain brand of coffee? A radio station? A blog you just found? Your new camera? Finishing a pond?  ( :lol:

Tell us what it is, maybe even provide a link or a picture or a video. Share!
-Curio

Chimera

This place has been my obsession lately. I've really enjoyed getting to know the members here and reading the debates.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

Evolved

Quote from: "Chimera"This place has been my obsession lately. I've really enjoyed getting to know the members here and reading the debates.

Ditto.  I've spent more time online recently than I have in a long time.  I'm also a little obsessed with playing with my (fairly) new dual layer DVD burner.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

Chimera

richarddawkins.net is another current obsession of mine. Hehe.
"I refuse to believe in a god who is the primary cause of conflict in the world, preaches racism, sexism, homophobia, and ignorance, and then sends me to hell if I’m 'bad.'" â€" Mike Fuhrman

joeactor

Myself (hey, I'm an actor...)

I've been following several forums on video games due out later this year.
It's kind of like waiting for your movie to be reviewed.

Really it's been fascinating to see how much people are into individual video games.
In-depth knowledge, speculation, character side stories, etc.
Seems like that's an obsession for a lot of folks.

Rambling mood,
JoeActor

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "joeactor"Myself (hey, I'm an actor...)

I've been following several forums on video games due out later this year.

Do tell! Maybe some of us will purchase them. ;)
-Curio

Will

UNLIMITED POWER!

Nah, I'm really into finishing my floors right now. Monday I ripped up all the carpet in my house and sanded down the hardwood floor, and I've been religiously lacquering it all week. It's exhausting, but my floor is going to look amazing when I get finished.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Willravel"
UNLIMITED POWER!

:)
-Curio

susangail

My MacBook. I literally have a callous on my hand from my mouse cause I'm on it so much. Facebook, HAF, The Quote Garden, YouTube, Wikipedia, random Googling, typing on Word, BBC News (local news sites suck), various atheist sites... I could go on forever.

That may change soon though, I beginning to FINALLY get my life back.

Quote from: "joeactor"Myself (hey, I'm an actor...)
Hey, at least you own up to it!
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

curiosityandthecat

I just realized that I've had the same album on repeat for three days at my desk at work. Guess that qualifies as an obsession, right? :)

World's End Girlfriend - The Lie Lay Land

For some reason I'm really into this band. I love Japanese experimental rock (it's a whole lot better than it sounds like it would be, haha), like Mono. World's End Girlfriend actually hooked up with them for an album called Palmless Prayer / Mass Murder Refrain. You can listen to some of World's End Girlfriend here and even get a taste of the Mono/WEG collaboration here.

Long story short: remember old Pink Floyd music like Echoes and the stuff from Ummagumma and Saucerful of Secrets? Then this should bring back a lot of memories. Absolutely astounding stuff.
-Curio

Smallville

Mine's definitely sybaritic.

My lady-friend's home-made banana pudding.  :banna:  :hail:

She knows how much I enjoy it - a great dessert after almost any dinner - but she'll only dole it out in a one-cup serving at a time.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

Smallville

Quote from: "Willravel"
UNLIMITED POWER!

Nah, I'm really into finishing my floors right now. Monday I ripped up all the carpet in my house and sanded down the hardwood floor, and I've been religiously lacquering it all week. It's exhausting, but my floor is going to look amazing when I get finished.

"Religiously?"

We did the same thing two years ago after my lady-friend moved in and have never regretted getting rid of that carpet. There's something about a hardwood floor that makes it seem more like a home, especially with the fireplace in the winter.

Now we're installing knotty pine paneling in several of the rooms. That is, after we finish stripping off the paint, sanding the wood down, and revarnishing it. It was used and some fool painted over the panel.  :brick:

Good luck with your endeavors.
Two wrongs don't make a right but three left turns will.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." â€" Nietzsche
"Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." - Clarence Darrow

Evolved

Quote from: "susangail"My MacBook.

I love my MacBook Pro.  Macs rule! :banna:
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

Will

Quote from: "Evolved"
Quote from: "susangail"My MacBook.

I love my MacBook Pro.  Macs rule! :banna:
Atheists really are smarter!!!

*Willravel loves his Macs and has loved them since the late 80s*
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Chimera

I have a Compaq. It was all I could afford.