News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

RavingAtheists.com

Started by Dark Lightning, October 20, 2021, 05:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Anyone a member over there? Not much posted of late, but I stop by to check in every so often after joining in 2015. It would appear that Chris pulled the plug?

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Facebook and other more recent social sites have really taken a toll on the venerable world of message/discussion boards. Another recent casualty in the atheist/skeptic realm is Mindromp.

Just to note--my computer went on strike a few days ago, so I've been away. Still sorting things out.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

TheFightSong

Fakebook, Twatter, Dumblr, EwTube, Instagarbage, and other corporate platforms are there to create a dehumanizing environment for making the ultra-wealthy elites more wealthy than most people internationally through profitable advertisements, creepy datamining, global warming from harmful companies, increasing sweatshops that threaten human rights, etc. They are there to sell products, not truths. It's why investigative journalists get demonitized, shadowbanned, etc. They are not social platforms. They are profit platforms.

Icarus

It is apparent that FightSong is not a happy person.  I agree that the earth is in trouble, politicians are often corrupt, and our environment is in danger.  On the other hand, most of we Americans are living within reasonable means, and have a semblance of respect for one another.

My suggestion to FightSong is: the grass is not actually greener on the other side of the fence. Our glasses are, in fact, half full, not half empty.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Icarus on January 27, 2022, 05:08:13 AM
It is apparent that FightSong is not a happy person.  I agree that the earth is in trouble, politicians are often corrupt, and our environment is in danger.  On the other hand, most of we Americans are living within reasonable means, and have a semblance of respect for one another.

My suggestion to FightSong is: the grass is not actually greener on the other side of the fence. Our glasses are, in fact, half full, not half empty.

America's infrastructure is decaying. Poverty and homelessness are increasing because working class Americans are being treated like wage slaves due to increasing wealth inequality without a social safety net for healthcare nor paid parental leave as an example.

Amazon delivery truck drivers are working in sweatshop conditions that harm their well-being while keeping them in lots of poverty. The video game developers in America work in sweatshops that make them depressed, anxious, and suicidal because they do not get social time with their family nor friends. Regardless of how those video game developers are white collar workers, they do not get respectful employers. This used to not happen as much when family values mattered in America. Now, it has become a country that treats most Americans like dehumanized wage slaves that make ultra-wealthy people kleptocratically wealthier than the majority of humanity's population internationally.

The U.S. is an enemy of the internet. Despite what American dream bullshit the Americans believe, America is an enemy to online privacy and investigative journalism.

America is owned by fascist rulers. America is already stolen land because of the white, Christian, and male army that terrorized natives. This white, Christian, and male would be controlled by a fascist elite. This fascist elite would make America be founded on genocide, slavery, misogynistic religions, and racism. This fascist elite would indoctrinate working class Americans with broken education systems that turn them into obedient workers and impulsive consumers through capitalism. This fascist elite would gaslight working class Americans into believing America represents freedom when it does not. America has always been neglectful towards working class Americans since day one. Martin Luther King, Jr. realized this and spoke out against it until the F.B.I. assassinated him to keep American fascism alive.

Hollywood's rich and famous celebrities are corrupted sellouts that promote America's evil military-industrial complex owned by fascist rulers who bully countries into having sweatshops via fascist kleptocracy.

Working class Americans are not given easy access to proper education, non-propagandized media, wealth, power, and justice.

Human rights are a joke in America considering it is an enemy to the internet, online privacy, investigative journalism, protection to minors from grooming sickos because no child marriage ban for all states happened, child entertainers' well-being through abusive contracts in the cut-throat entertainment industry, etc. Disney is trafficking children by psychologically and physically abusing them right now. So, no. Many Americans do not live within reasonable means. They have been economically abandoned since day one when America was founded to benefit its fascist elite only. Rulers of the U.S. are economically dependent on endless wars overseas. Because they have not allowed a compassionate economy that keeps many people living within reasonable means. Soldiers in America usually come working class families while having P.T.S.D. until they probably die while fascist rulers of America stay alive living in filthily rich luxury during the pandemic. Meanwhile, more Americans are living in tents or overcrowdedly small homes without adequate insurance protection.

Student debt in higher education has artificially increased more every year decades ago to keep working class Americans in increasing poverty while ultra-wealthy people live luxuriously, especially during the pandemic. Which is why young adults are currently having an increasingly harder time affording homes, food, water, entertainment, and other things while they are students compared to older generations in America. Which is causing younger generations in America to have an increasingly harder time living independently without living in their parents' households. So, no. Many people in America are not living within reasonable means. Fascist rulers of America are making younger generations dumber, less skilled, and increasingly dependent on their parents. Civilization has decayed in America many decades ago as a result.

The specific amount of Americans respect each other. But dehumanizing prisons in America do the opposite of respect. Broken education systems designed to dehumanize working class Americans into obedience, stupidity, and poverty do the opposite of respect. Grifters who exploit weak and poor people by distracting them with religion to gain profit through fake charity in southern states do the opposite of respect. Fascist rulers of America do the opposite of respect. Religious grifting is one of the main reasons why southern states are more poor than northern states on average in America. Religious grifting is also one of the main reasons why domestic violence against women happens in southern states more than northern states in America. Religious grifting has caused southern states to have more crime than northern states on average, too. It is why some women have left southern states to live in northern states that are wealthier with less crime, domestic violence against women, and religious grifting. The military business people prey on poor people in southern states more than poor people in northern states on average by manipulating them to die young in endless wars. Sellout politicians in America do the opposite of respect as a result.

TheFightSong

Women have less rights in southern states, especially Texas, than in northern states in America. This is what happens when misogynistic religions and toxic masculinity are influencing southern states than science and compassion. It is why some women have left southern states to live in northern states in America, so they aren't treated like second-class citizens.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: TheFightSong on January 27, 2022, 11:59:40 AM
America's infrastructure is decaying. Poverty and homelessness are increasing

Ye, that sucks, do you have any pets?
If you don't have a pet, what pet would you have, if you could?
If you could have a pet, but don't have a pet, what is wrong with you?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

TheFightSong

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 27, 2022, 12:18:26 PM
America's infrastructure is decaying. Poverty and homelessness are increasing

Ye, that sucks, do you have any pets?
If you don't have a pet, what pet would you have, if you could?
If you could have a pet, but don't have a pet, what is wrong with you?
Yes. I have pets.
If I didn't have a pet, then I'd want a dragon. Totally unrealistic, though.
But I feel weird having pets because I would rather have them live free in the wild instead of living in or around my home with limited things to do to keep them busy.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: TheFightSong on January 27, 2022, 12:31:47 PM
If I didn't have a pet, then I'd want a dragon. Totally unrealistic, though.

You could get a small one.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

TheFightSong

True that I am not happy. I am a depressed, cynical, and misanthropic atheist instead. I have less incentive to be happy considering America, China, the U.K, Australia, North Korea, and other places have become Orwellian with online surveillance, censorship, and dehumanizing people to benefit wealthy rulers only. I have less incentive to be happy when investigative journalists are being attacked by ultra-wealthy rulers through elite-owned media companies and Orwellianistically monopolized internet through Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, etc. I have less incentive to be happy when internet freedom is being threatened when these puppet politicians are bluepilling people into pretentious comfort bubbles through censorship that prevents critical thinking, black comedy, genius intellect, etc. I have less incentive to be happy when sweatshops are increasing and profitably endless wars exist. I do not get an incentive to be happy in a world with tyrants. I replace happiness with a vengeful attitude. Because I am not going to be a happy doormat. Especially when I am far from being submissive and masochistic. I can read between the lines and know how to torture people successfully. I inherited that ability from being born into an ancestry of cut-throat people. As a result, knowledge distracts me from being happy. Ignorance is bliss sometimes. My paternal grandfather passed down his clinical depression to me. So, I was born with a self-destructive mind that keeps me unhappy, lacking motivation, and depression eating away at my emotions and energy. So, I feel like a borderline robot that is lazy. I used to have more motivation, energy, and emotions during my childhood. But now, most of that is gone. Even with antidepressant medication, a lot of things bore me and I become a zombie. The unfairness of this world makes me less incentivized to be genuinely happy anyway. Also, there has been a study done on people to determine their intelligence based on how happy they are. They came to the conclusion that people who have higher intelligence tend to be less happy. Not that I am surprised considering people with higher intelligence tend to be more aware and alert of what is happening in the world. Pretty sure it was the people who emotionally suffered that fought for human rights, advanced technology, modern medicine, etc. Females who have been oppressed by patriarchy for example. Black people like Martin Luther King, Jr. who were oppressed by white people for example. Working class people who were oppressed by theocratic kings of patriarchy for example. Homosexuals who were oppressed by government authorities that would not legalize same-sex marriage for example. I defend my right to not be happy when history is repeating itself from this unfair and cruel world. I would rather be prepared for danger than be blindly optimistic or blissfully ignorant.

Ecurb Noselrub

The interesting question is demographic shifts brought on by recent historical events and conditions. Lots of people are moving TO Texas, and Florida, and Arizona. Lots of people are moving AWAY from the north. Texas gained 2 congressional seats this last cycle. Florida gained one. We may be moving toward a situation where the right wing is totally located in some states and the left wing is in others. Texas' abortion law and Arizona's voting law (passed today - the legislature can overturn an election) are repressive and digressive. But people still move to these states. This next couple of election cycles will tell us a lot.

On the bright side, however, life is still good.  Of course, I'm a white male, so ....

billy rubin

Quote. . . and Arizona's voting law (passed today - the legislature can overturn an election) are repressive and digressive. But people still move to these states.

what?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on January 27, 2022, 05:08:13 AM

America's infrastructure is decaying. Poverty and homelessness are increasing because working class Americans are being treated like wage slaves due to increasing wealth inequality without a social safety net for healthcare nor paid parental leave as an example.

Amazon delivery truck drivers are working in sweatshop conditions that harm their well-being while keeping them in lots of poverty. The video game developers in America work in sweatshops that make them depressed, anxious, and suicidal because they do not get social time with their family nor friends. Regardless of how those video game developers are white collar workers, they do not get respectful employers. This used to not happen as much when family values mattered in America. Now, it has become a country that treats most Americans like dehumanized wage slaves that make ultra-wealthy people kleptocratically wealthier than the majority of humanity's population internationally.

The U.S. is an enemy of the internet. Despite what American dream bullshit the Americans believe, America is an enemy to online privacy and investigative journalism.

America is owned by fascist rulers. America is already stolen land because of the white, Christian, and male army that terrorized natives. This white, Christian, and male would be controlled by a fascist elite. This fascist elite would make America be founded on genocide, slavery, misogynistic religions, and racism. This fascist elite would indoctrinate working class Americans with broken education systems that turn them into obedient workers and impulsive consumers through capitalism. This fascist elite would gaslight working class Americans into believing America represents freedom when it does not. America has always been neglectful towards working class Americans since day one. Martin Luther King, Jr. realized this and spoke out against it until the F.B.I. assassinated him to keep American fascism alive.

Hollywood's rich and famous celebrities are corrupted sellouts that promote America's evil military-industrial complex owned by fascist rulers who bully countries into having sweatshops via fascist kleptocracy.

Working class Americans are not given easy access to proper education, non-propagandized media, wealth, power, and justice.

Human rights are a joke in America considering it is an enemy to the internet, online privacy, investigative journalism, protection to minors from grooming sickos because no child marriage ban for all states happened, child entertainers' well-being through abusive contracts in the cut-throat entertainment industry, etc. Disney is trafficking children by psychologically and physically abusing them right now. So, no. Many Americans do not live within reasonable means. They have been economically abandoned since day one when America was founded to benefit its fascist elite only. Rulers of the U.S. are economically dependent on endless wars overseas. Because they have not allowed a compassionate economy that keeps many people living within reasonable means. Soldiers in America usually come working class families while having P.T.S.D. until they probably die while fascist rulers of America stay alive living in filthily rich luxury during the pandemic. Meanwhile, more Americans are living in tents or overcrowdedly small homes without adequate insurance protection.

Student debt in higher education has artificially increased more every year decades ago to keep working class Americans in increasing poverty while ultra-wealthy people live luxuriously, especially during the pandemic. Which is why young adults are currently having an increasingly harder time affording homes, food, water, entertainment, and other things while they are students compared to older generations in America. Which is causing younger generations in America to have an increasingly harder time living independently without living in their parents' households. So, no. Many people in America are not living within reasonable means. Fascist rulers of America are making younger generations dumber, less skilled, and increasingly dependent on their parents. Civilization has decayed in America many decades ago as a result.

The specific amount of Americans respect each other. But dehumanizing prisons in America do the opposite of respect. Broken education systems designed to dehumanize working class Americans into obedience, stupidity, and poverty do the opposite of respect. Grifters who exploit weak and poor people by distracting them with religion to gain profit through fake charity in southern states do the opposite of respect. Fascist rulers of America do the opposite of respect. Religious grifting is one of the main reasons why southern states are more poor than northern states on average in America. Religious grifting is also one of the main reasons why domestic violence against women happens in southern states more than northern states in America. Religious grifting has caused southern states to have more crime than northern states on average, too. It is why some women have left southern states to live in northern states that are wealthier with less crime, domestic violence against women, and religious grifting. The military business people prey on poor people in southern states more than poor people in northern states on average by manipulating them to die young in endless wars. Sellout politicians in America do the opposite of respect as a result.

I'd like to know what in the actual fuck this screed has to do with that website's disappearance from the internet.  :query:

TheFightSong

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 27, 2022, 04:12:46 PM
The interesting question is demographic shifts brought on by recent historical events and conditions. Lots of people are moving TO Texas, and Florida, and Arizona. Lots of people are moving AWAY from the north. Texas gained 2 congressional seats this last cycle. Florida gained one. We may be moving toward a situation where the right wing is totally located in some states and the left wing is in others. Texas' abortion law and Arizona's voting law (passed today - the legislature can overturn an election) are repressive and digressive. But people still move to these states. This next couple of election cycles will tell us a lot.

On the bright side, however, life is still good.  Of course, I'm a white male, so ....

This is the equivalent of saying "it's fine" while the world is literally burning with global warming, increasing poverty, increasing sweatshops, Orwellian politics to keep the 1% ultra-wealthy via dehumanizing most people internationally, and America's infrastructure and its civilization continue to decay further. The people are moving to Texas because of how wealthy elites have corrupted blue states through lobbying, bribing, increasing wealth inequality, heavy government regulation equivalent to communism, poverty, homelessness, etc. California's communistic economy with expensive cost of living has caused increasing poverty, homelessness, lower I.Q's, mental health illnesses, decreasing freedom for entrepreneurs, etc. That is why there are people moving to Texas to avoid high taxes, California's heavy government regulation equivalent to communism, expensive cost of living, etc. There have been more people living in tents where Los Angeles is concerned for example. The people moving to Texas are avoiding that homelessness caused by California's communistic economy that leeches off of working class Americans. There are still people moving to blue states that have lower taxes, lower government regulation for entrepreneurship, lower crime rates, abortion rights for females, rights that give females and males full equality, and more opportunities to thrive than California does. Also, there are people trying to renounce their American citizenship for living in other countries. Because America has become a sinking ship while its rulers are economically dependent on endless wars because of how America's economy has been rigged for replacing compassion and justice with violent kleptocracy that traumatizes American soldiers. There's no rest for the wicked. So, America's rulers will ruthlessly do what they can to be ultra-wealthy even if it requires war and sweatshops. They are essentially creating hell on Earth while excessively fast-talking trolls like Ben Shapiro sell their souls to this scammy right-wing club for money. It's why Ben Shapiro has his wealthy net worth. Because true activists and honest journalists are being shadowbanned by these cut-throat corporations.

White males are being treated like crap in America because of elites owning media companies that keep Americans divided, hateful, and fearful. This how America's rulers distract the masses with nonsense. This is how America's rulers oppress working class Americans. Ben Shapiro keeps the masses distracted with nonsense, so the cut-throat Koch industry gains profits at the expense of working class Americans for example. Founders of the Koch industry are gaining a lot more wealth than their employees through kleptocracy. But these poorly educated and easily manipulated working class Americans keep giving these ultra-wealthy leeches money. This a reason why some people escaped America.