News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hi I'm Brian, I'm an atheist since 2005

Started by Brian Ó Seanacháin, July 17, 2021, 10:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Ó Seanacháin

And no I don't need any help, thank you very much.

In a more serious note, some of you might recognise me from atheistforums.org, where I'm an opinionated Irish man who thinks he has a sense of humour.

For those of ye who don't know me, I'm a culchie civil servant from Limerick (specifically the best parish in the best county in the best country on the best world in the best galaxy in the best universe of reality), currently mislocated in Cork (an area where the locals fancy themselves rebels, they're not, they're a bunch of soft townies; though they do make good beer, some of which I'm imbibing).

Well enough with my drunk ramblings, I'm here now, and with luck at least one percent of my postings will have the coherency and intelligence of a normal human being you'll all be very lucky.

PS if anybody here is also at Realms Beyond, how are you doing in the sixth season of the Civ AI Survivor series?
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

No one

Did you bring the tacos?

I've been eating them since a long time.

Brian Ó Seanacháin

Quote from: No one on July 17, 2021, 10:06:00 PM
Did you bring the tacos?

I've been eating them since a long time.

No tacos, plenty of bacon and cabbage.
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

No one

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, Brian Ó Seanacháin. Too bad about the tacos, but maybe only No one might hold it against you. Glad to have you aboard. I hope that you enjoy your time reading and posting here.  :maskwink:

:spagwelcome:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

hermes2015

Welcome to HAF, Brian. It sounds as if you are going to fit in well here. Just a little heads-up, though: some of the others (I will not mention any names) are a bit odd.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Greetings from the Land Downunder, Brian!

Quote from: hermes2015 on July 18, 2021, 05:05:20 AM
...Just a little heads-up, though: some of the others (I will not mention any names) are a bit odd.

I resemble that remark.  Nothing odd here, just a few million jumbucks, a few roos loose in the top paddock and the occasional drop bear...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

viocjit

Hi ! Brian. Welcome there !

Is the username used by you is your legal name ? I ask this question because I saw rarely people using their real name on boards like this.

I'm Anthony aged of 27 years old from France.

Magdalena

Hi, Brian.
Welcome.

An atheist since 2005? What took you so long!?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on July 18, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Hi, Brian.
Welcome.

Good question!

Brian. Are you a Catholic atheist or a Protestant atheist?  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on July 18, 2021, 07:53:49 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 18, 2021, 07:36:32 PM
Hi, Brian.
Welcome.

Good question!

Brian. Are you a Catholic atheist or a Protestant atheist?  :grin:

Are you an Atheist-Christian who just wants to overthrow the government in the name of Jesus?

Or

OR...

Do you subscribe to the commentary, by Drich, speculating on atheism as an unrecognized disability?

:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one