News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

what is this england stuff with covid?

Started by billy rubin, July 08, 2021, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

im confused:

(CNN) - Calling it a "dangerous and unethical experiment," more than 4,000 scientists, doctors, nurses and other professionals signed a letter published Wednesday condemning the British government's plans to drop most pandemic control measures in England on Monday, July 19.

^^^this kind of thing puzzles me. is this news article talking about england, or great britain?

when the americans talk about the UK , we keep leaving out wales and scotland and northern ireland, and talk about england as if thats all tbere is.

do scotland and wales have different covid plans than england's or is this just american ignorance of geography?

secondarily, is what BJ is doing about lifting all restrictions a good idea?

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Ecurb Noselrub

BJ needs to drop travel restrictions from the USA before October because that is when I, the center of the universe known to me, travel there.

I do know that the various countries in the UK have some different policies. A Brit will have to explain the differences

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on July 08, 2021, 03:05:42 PM
im confused:

(CNN) - Calling it a "dangerous and unethical experiment," more than 4,000 scientists, doctors, nurses and other professionals signed a letter published Wednesday condemning the British government's plans to drop most pandemic control measures in England on Monday, July 19.

^^^this kind of thing puzzles me. is this news article talking about england, or great britain?

when the americans talk about the UK , we keep leaving out wales and scotland and northern ireland, and talk about england as if thats all tbere is.

do scotland and wales have different covid plans than england's or is this just american ignorance of geography?

The United Kingdom has become gradually less united throughout my lifetime. There are now parliaments in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Each has responsibility for their own area when it comes to Covid-19 policy.

BJ is a clueless pratt. The scientists around him try to limit the damage he does.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Brian Ó Seanacháin

im confused:

Scotland and Wales have devolved governments (and Scotland is on the verge of declaring full independence anyway) and one of the areas where they have responsibilities is in setting Covid-19 public prevention measures.  Given that the current English government (you can hardly call it a true UK government, it only governs for the south east and the tax exiles) is a cabaal of anti-reality idiots, you can see that their response to the Delta variant will be a lot worse than those of their neighbours to the north and west.
I like to pay my taxes.  With them I buy civilisation.

Oliver Wendell Holmes Jnr, Supreme Court Justice.

Also, the only GAA in the village.

Bluenose

im confused:
... is this news article talking about england, or great britain?

BJ is talking about lifting restrictions in England, not the UK.

Yes, each country within the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) has its own rules regarding Covid, set by its own parliament

NO!!!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

No one

Sounds like running a nation isn't Boris' cup of tea.

billy rubin

every day seems like a bad hair day for boris

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Bluenose

Quote from: billy rubin on July 19, 2021, 10:36:05 AM
every day seems like a bad hair day for boris

I think he's unbalanced.  Needs and ounce of lead behind the left ear-hole.  Not that I'm advocating violence or anything...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett