News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Trump went down to Texas

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 02, 2021, 02:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on March 05, 2022, 08:42:21 AM
I understood that the guy was invited to speak by group of conservative students. Apparently most of the students there were not of that political affiliation, so the guy walked straight into a ,,trap". I'm not sure that is something to be proud of.

Yes, he was invited to speak by a group of conservative students. However, the speech was to be given to students in general, not just the conservative group. It was not in any sense a trap, in that the man was well aware that he was not speaking to just the conservative group.

If you have read stories about this speech, you must be aware that this student group has hosted an event in which they promoted Dominionism ("What is Wrong With Christian Fascism?") They intended to provoke a reaction--this is a common tactic used by similar student groups in US universities. Ideally they will get some sort of demonstration that they can then point to as "cancel culture." In this instance the reaction was probably not all they had hoped for, but nonetheless they produced the desired result, per your comments.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

billy rubin

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 05, 2022, 06:13:29 PM

I have a gay sister. I was not just going to sit there and listen to his disgusting, homophobic discourse, nor to the lies and disinformation he spreading.

So I stood up.

attaboy!

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

hermes2015

Quote from: billy rubin on March 06, 2022, 12:03:12 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on March 05, 2022, 06:13:29 PM

I have a gay sister. I was not just going to sit there and listen to his disgusting, homophobic discourse, nor to the lies and disinformation he spreading.

So I stood up.

attaboy!

:thumbsup2:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

No one

I'd be willing to bet Mr homophobic discourse has an account on some gay dating site, and he's looking for a daddy.

billy rubin

that does seem to be a common pattern, doesnt it?

the self-loathing pushes them farther and farther into public denial and opposition..

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.