News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Trump went down to Texas

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, June 02, 2021, 02:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

You may have heard of the Texas Democrats legislators who left town so the House could not take up a vote to restrict voting rights, lacking a quota.  In their honor, I have put together this parody, played to the tune of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia":

Trump Went Down to Texas

Trump went down to Texas, looking for some votes to steal.
He was in a bind, 'cuz he was behind, and he was willing to make a deal.
He came across some Democrats in the legislature there.
And Trump jumped up on his MAGA stump with his flaming orange hair.

He said "you may not know it, but I'm a politician, too,
And I'll make a bet that I will get a lot more votes than you."
The Dems said "We will take your bet, and fight you to the end,
If you're gonna steal, you'll have to deal with our will to win."

People, get up off your ass and get into the war,
'Cuz hell's broke loose in Texas and Trump's gone a bridge too far,
And if you win, you'll turn the Lone Star State a royal blue,
But if you lose it might be the end of you.

Trump revealed his army – Abbott, Patrick, Allen West,
Paxton, Gaetz and Marjorie Green – he brought out all his best.
Tucker Carlson, Hannity, and all his sycophants –
A million old, white Texans wearing red hats and doing chants.

Then the Democrats understood his plan and came up with their own.
"We've got an old trick up our sleeve that will leave you all alone."

"Trump's in Texas, run, boys, run. If we don't show up the voting's done.
Without a quota they can't do shit.  No stealing votes, they'll have to quit."

Trump raged and ranted 'cuz he knew that he'd been stopped.
So, he sulked on back to Florida where he could golf and shop.
The Dems bid him a fond farewell and gave a final turn of the screw -
"We done told you once, you Son of a Bitch, we're turning this state blue

Bad Penny II

It's OK, it's not your best by my measure.
"So, he sulked on back to Florida where he could golf and shop."
Was quite good.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on June 02, 2021, 03:05:39 PM
It's OK, it's not your best by my measure.
"So, he sulked on back to Florida where he could golf and shop."
Was quite good.

You gotta get the rhythm just right - it's challenging.

billy rubin

And Trump jumped up on his MAGA stump with his flaming orange hair.

^^^this was quite good

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Icarus

You can play Ecurbs' lyrics to the song"The devil Went Down To Georgia"   There is some mighty fiddlin' in both the original and Ecurbs' parody.

Biggus Dickus

I figured this would be a good place to post some good news out of the state of Texas.

Students chat "F*** you fascist" & shut down talk by transphobic Texas candidate

QuoteBy repeated chanting, "F*** these fascists" and slapping their desks, students at the University of North Texas (UNT) shut down a talk by Jeff Younger, a transphobic Republican running to become a Texas state representative.

Younger had been invited to speak at UNT by the university's Young Conservatives of Texas chapter. But his talk ended after just 40 minutes.

Link to an article regarding this is here.
Uncensored video is available in the link, and here is a a YouTube video with censored version, plus discussion of the event.

These students are fucking awesome!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

billy rubin

he'll use it to solicit donations

News has been received from the Punjab that the Amritsar mob has again broken out in a violent attack against the authorities. The rebels were repulsed by the military and they suffered 200 casualties.

Recusant

They gave him 40 minutes. More than enough, I would say.  :lol:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

I prefer open discussions than shutting people down. Shutting people down turns them into martyrs. Attacking them verbally with solid arguments make them look like the idiots they truly are. Provided of course that you have any good arguments.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Recusant

It wasn't a debate. The man had been given the podium to spout his bile to an audience of students. He spoke for forty minutes. Whereupon they let him know what they thought of his presentation. One can imagine a similar sequence of events thousands of years ago in ancient Greece, perhaps.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tom62

I understood that the guy was invited to speak by group of conservative students. Apparently most of the students there were not of that political affiliation, so the guy walked straight into a ,,trap". I'm not sure that is something to be proud of.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on March 05, 2022, 06:29:45 AM
I prefer open discussions than shutting people down. Shutting people down turns them into martyrs. Attacking them verbally with solid arguments make them look like the idiots they truly are. Provided of course that you have any good arguments.

That's the point, he isn't presenting any good ideas, or arguments. He didn't come into the school to discuss economic policies, but to tout his hateful ideas....no one should have to sit through that shit quietly and respectfully.

Fuck him!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tom62 on March 05, 2022, 08:42:21 AM
I understood that the guy was invited to speak by group of conservative students. Apparently most of the students there were not of that political affiliation, so the guy walked straight into a ,,trap". I'm not sure that is something to be proud of.

So the conservative group that invited him trapped him?

Racists like him like to get invited to schools like this because they believe they have a captive audience, as the students are expected to sit quietly and respectfully, and listen to him spout off their hateful speech.

You think I would sit quietly in a classroom if some white, racist fuck came into the room and started spouting his racist ideologies?

I think these students did a great job, and if I was parent to one of them I would be immensely proud of them.

Tom62

What makes someone a racist or fascist nowadays? Having other points of views than liberals?

Anyway this whole LGBTQ+ thing is highly confusing for me as well  ;).
Robert A. Heinlein

Biggus Dickus

I was in my 2nd year of college, at home for the summer and living with my parents. During that time I would still accompany them occasionally to church on Sunday as afterwards we would go out to a local restaurant for brunch. (Dad's treat and bribe ;))

One Sunday we are sitting together at mass, and the priest was giving his homily. He was now the new Monsignor of the parish, and a man I had known him since I was in first grade as this was the same parish were I went to Catholic School for 12 years.

During his homily he started discussing current events, and then brought up the Aids Epidemic (This would have been around 84-85). He blamed homosexuals, and said they were being punished for their sins, and how evil being gay was, and that we as a society should shun gays and lesbians, etc...

I have a gay sister. I was not just going to sit there and listen to his disgusting, homophobic discourse, nor to the lies and disinformation he spreading.

So I stood up.

We were sitting to the right of the main aisle, about halfway from the altar, about three quarters of the way down the long pew. This is a rather large church, and the 1pm Sunday mass was quite popular at this time.

So I stood there just standing for a few moments, staring at the priest. One of my parents gently grabbed my trouser leg, and pulled, but I continued to stare at the pulpit. Other people sitting around us started to glance and look toward me, I then heard my mother's voice telling me to sit down, but I just continued to stand and stare.

The Priest didn't stop speaking immediately, but then he paused for a few seconds as he glanced over at me. He then slowly continued to talk, but a bit quieter,  and I just stood there.

I then asked the people sitting next to us to excuse me, and slowly made my way through the pew to the the aisle.

Once in the aisle, I turned and looked again straight at the pulpit and the priest. We locked eyes and he stopped talking for a second or two, then he glanced down at his notes, began to speak again and looked away from me.

I turned without genuflecting, and slowly walked down the aisle. One of the ushers I knew asked me if there was problem, but I ignored him, and made my way out of the church. I had planned to walk over to my parents car, and wait until mass ended, but I instead chose to walk home.

My parents were upset, and I think actually more embarrassed than angry at what I did as they were very well known in the parish. They were even founding parish members. My Father was an usher, and a member of the Men's Club. My Mother belonged to the Altar Society, and other groups, and used to be the Elementary Librarian.

When my parents got home I explained my position, and my Father said I should have just sat there and listened to the sermon, as doing what I did was disrespectful. I disagreed, and we got into a pretty heavy argument with my Mother just trying to keep things calm. My Father told me he often heard things he disagreed with in church, but he would keep his tongue quiet. I said it's one thing to disagree over some minor issues, but I wasn't going to sit there while the priest spread hate and lies, fuck that.

My Father and I never discussed the event again, and fortunately for the two of them there was no recourse from the Priest or the Church.

Years later, after my Father had passed, and I was married with my own children, my Mother and I were discussing this event. She told me she was extremely proud of what I did that day, and said she wanted to speak out more against my Father that day, but she held her tongue.

While discussing the event that day with my Mom, I told her that if I knew what I knew now I may have actually said something that day in the church instead of my simple silent protest,...she just rolled her eyes and smiled.