News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

deadly exploding croquettes blamed for maiming cooks

Started by billy rubin, April 22, 2021, 06:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

just when you thought it was safe to go to the kitchen, cuban croquettes take on a menacing stance

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/cubans-denounce-sale-exploding-croquettes-caused-severe-burns-rcna739

He put the familiar croquetas, as they're called in Spanish, in a frying pan with oil on the stove, waited for it to get hot and put some of the croquettes in to cook. Soon after, the croquettes disintegrated like dynamite, shooting sparks of oil into the air.

"I fried them as usual and let them toast a little bit, because my little girl likes them that way. But when I got closer to look at them, one exploded and bathed my face and chest in boiling oil. Then all the others began to explode," he told Noticias Telemundo from the province of Camagüey, in the center of the island. "I still have the burn marks."

"I cannot understand the popularity of that kind of music, which is based on repetition. In a civilized society, things don't need to be said more than three times."

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Ha, I had some pretty explosive curries in Bangladesh.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames