News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

My Octopus Teacher

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, April 21, 2021, 04:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

If you get a chance to see this 1 hour 25 minute documentary, see it. The underwater photography is fantastic, and the story - about a photographer and his interaction with an octopus vulgaris (common octopus) is touching and insightful. A bit sad at the end.

No one

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 21, 2021, 04:36:37 PM
If you get a chance to see this 1 hour 25 minute documentary, see it. The underwater photography is fantastic, and the story - about a photographer and his interaction with an octopus vulgaris (common octopus) is touching and insightful. A bit sad at the end.

Sounds interesting. Octopuses...octopi?...are fascinating creatures. Such primitive brains yet they do so much with it. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: No one on April 21, 2021, 04:43:32 PM
Does he have a garden?

Sort of - kelp and coral are the main attractions. (I think the song refers to a graveyard???) The octopus also made herself a completely enclosed shell armor plating to ward off a small shark, and then attached herself to the shark's back so the shark couldn't attack.  It was amazing.

Bluenose

<Puts on pedant's hat>

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2021, 04:57:17 PM
... Octopuses...octopi?...

It's octopuses as the pus part of the word is of Greek origin.  Only Latin 2nd declension nominative nouns which end in "us" take the plural ending of "i".  Here endeth the lesson.

<Removes hat>
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

It is an excellent programme. Very well worth a watch.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: Tank on April 22, 2021, 10:38:25 AM
It is an excellent programme. Very well worth a watch.

I quite agree, a really excellent program
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bluenose on April 22, 2021, 03:55:01 AM
<Puts on pedant's hat>

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2021, 04:57:17 PM
... Octopuses...octopi?...

It's octopuses as the pus part of the word is of Greek origin.  Only Latin 2nd declension nominative nouns which end in "us" take the plural ending of "i".  Here endeth the lesson.

<Removes hat>

Ah, ok  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey